or Connect

Posts by goneAWOL

I've picked up a few recent Hugo Boss SC's.  The more recent ones moved from the canvas size tags to the black computer printed "newer" looking size tags.  I thought the once I've picked up had pretty nice fabric and patterns, and one of them has become a staple in my wardrobe.  
Just looking for some general suggestions here.  I have some thoughts in mind about what I'm considering having done, but I'd like to defer to the experts first.  Thanks!  
  I can't imagine a bespoke suit fitting significantly better than a professionally altered off the rack suit that was the your size to begin with.  I've always thought of Bespoke things as more of a status symbol or pride type of thing, kind of like a custom ordered Lambo, rather than something you would get for better "fit".  So yes, I would say that you could reasonably expect a 6 buck find come close to a bespoke Brioni, given that you have the ridiculous luck to...
  I almost pulled this off... with a pre-owned item. http://www.ebay.com/itm/170810626708?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649#ht_1192wt_1344
  +2.  Sometimes this thread feels like it is meant to be on some sort of ebay or proprietor support forum, definitely not a forum about style.  I have liked seeing the thrift-fit posts people have been doing though.      
Its getting to be the time of the evening when a select few members start to post their epic finds, but hell, I'll share my semi-good finds anyways.  This is my finds from the last week, since I don't have time to post daily.  First some ties:   Thomas Pink, Thomas Pink, JPress (bull & bear?), Ted Baker   [[SPOILER]]   Vintage Versace, vintage Missoni, vintage Etro with the $18 price still on it, vintage Viyella   [[SPOILER]]   BB, BB, BB, BB, Robert Talbott (why did I...
    Unfortunately.  I think that most of the crazy pattern stuff was Armani, not Versace, but maybe a couple of them were Versace.  A lot of them looked like silk print button-ups, but when I checked the tag they were rayon or some other blend. I honestly don't know how I would describe them, just lots of colors and crazy patterns.  All I could think while looking through everything is that anyone wearing this stuff would only fit in at a runway show.  Other than the...
Someone in my area donated a MASSIVE amount of 80s-90s fashion clothing, mostly Giorgio Armani, Gianni Versace, and other brands I've never even heard of (my girlfriend knew some of them, but neither of us can remember the names).  I went to two stores, each of which had about 30 items from the same donor.  The items mostly were sweatpants, hoodies, dress shirts, crazy pattern rayon shirts, some sweaters, etc.  Quite a bit of them still had tags on them.  The thing was,...
    When people say it is worth thrifting high-end items with small damages, they are talking about the top-tier stuff (RLPL, Hermes, Charvet, Brioni, etc).  Zanella definitely wouldn't fall into that category.  I'm guessing those pants are worthless, or close to it.   I probably would have passed on almost all of those pants, except maybe the 36 navy Zanella's.  They all look relatively old, and I would agree with Spoo that selling pants is a pain in the ass.  A good...
There's no such thing as a free lunch.  I guarantee you if no one ever "layered" the PM envelopes that the shipping cost of Priority Mail would be lower.     I guess my point is that USPS definitely does not condone using the free PM materials for waterproof lining or other things like that.  If I were running USPS, I probably would stop offering the materials for free because so many people are doing that.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if they actually did get rid of...