or Connect

Posts by goneAWOL

That looks super recent to me.  Maybe even current.  Zegna labels say on the bottom left whether they are suits or sport coats.  Mines a jacket, and you can see it says that by all the black thread.   Brian, that might even be NWOT.  Sometimes I think that retailers will donate items for whatever reason, and mark the label with a sharpie to make sure no one tries to return it.  I don't see any other reason that labels would have a marker through them.  I see it on...
NWOT Theory Sportcoat $80 shipped CONUS (international buyers PM me)   Tagged 44R, but may work better for a 42-43R 64% Cotton, 36% Linen Two button closure Double Vented (still sewn shut)   Measurements: Pit-to-pit:  22.25" Waist (at top button):  21.25" Length (from bottom of back of collar):  31" Shoulder width:  19.5" Sleeve length:  26"   PM me with any questions.  
If anyone is interested in trying this out, I read in a book that you can use a coat of clear nail polish on shell buttons to give them a nice shine. I was thinking about trying that on the ones that I "clouded over" with the oxy method.  I haven't gotten around to it, but I thought someone else may be interested.
Thanks, I never actually noticed the wrinkles on the back of the leg.  The fabric is a very fine, lightweight wool/mohair blend so I figured that wrinkling would naturally occur everywhere.  I see what you mean with the unbalanced trousers though, its visible from the side as well.     Are the blades separate from the shoulders themselves?  I thought the shoulder width was pretty good on this suit.  Is blade width an easy fix?   Finally, just to make sure, would you...
Ebay scammers are few and far between.  I've never experienced one even with ~1,000 transactions.  The more common problem is people who abuse buyer protection, and you'll know when that is happening.  I can't believe I'm joining in on the ebay talk...
I forgot to mention that I'm looking for Isaia hangers now.  If anyone has any that they will sell, shoot me a PM.  I just bought my Isaia garment bag off the bay for $15, not a bad deal!  
  Is it worth trying to increase the waist suppression?  I've never owned a double vented suit, so I'm not sure of the difficulty and riskiness of doing this.  I took a double vented SC to the tailor a few months ago, and she said she couldn't do much for waist suppression.  That was a "less experienced" tailor though, and I was curious if it would be worth having a better tailor do it.  The last thing I want to do is ruin this suit when I think it already fits pretty...
Fellas, its a thrifting miracle!  That is, unless you're DM7 in which case its just another day.  Anyways, about a month ago I came across a GRAIL find for my area.  It was a solid gray Isaia suit that appeared fairly recent, with flat front pants and side vents.  The best part was, it fit my 6'3, 190 lbs frame very well without a single dollar spent on tailoring.   I figured that find was literally a once in a lifetime deal.  However, never doubt the power of thrifting!...
This happened to me in 3 months during a 5 month timeframe.  I was restricted from selling any item of "desired" brands.  This included Armani, Hugo Boss, Gucci, Lacoste, Polo RL, and all sorts of other designers.  For some reason I could still sell brands like Brioni, Zegna, Kiton, Canali, etc.  Anyways, I have no idea why it kept happening to me, but I built up massive amounts of inventory because of it.  Literally 3 months I couldn't sell that stuff... such a pain in...
This is the tag off one of my SC's, which I assume is newer.  I guess I'm not positive that all newer ones look like this, because this one doesn't have a model name (einstein, rossellini, etc).  And I lied... its white not black.     EDIT: I guess it does have a model name.  I never saw the Pasolini at the bottom.