or Connect

Posts by Maegnus

It is a 2 button suit
A friend of mine bought this suit, and then promptly proceeded to lose 100 lbs. Needless to say, it is too big for him now.   This is an all-wool from Indochino; I'd imagine similar 3 pieces retail around $800.   Flat measurements as follows:   Jacket Chest (pit to pit): 24" (~48" finished) Waist: 22.5" (~45" finished) Seat: 25" (~50" finished) Shoulder: 20" Bicep: 8.5 (~17" finished) Sleeve: 26" Back Length: 30.5"   Waistcoat (flat measurements) Chest (pit...
A friend of mine bought this coat, and then promptly proceeded to lose 100 lbs. Needless to say, it is too big for him now.   I am fairly certain it is the one linked here http://www.indochino.com/product/the-essential-camel-topcoat at $399 retail.   Flat measurements as follows:   Chest (pit to pit): 26" Waist: 25" Seat: 27.5" Shoulder: 21" Bicep: 18.75" Sleeve: 27" Length: 37"   Features 3 button construction, black quilted interior lining, and hidden...
 Advertising. Your average Joe associates suits with Moores. When I tell people I work in a suit shop, 100% of them respond with "oh, Moores?"
 I totally understand this sentiment. We used to operate on a Thailand make, which I found stiff (and there were some quality control issues). We recently made the switch to a China make, and it has been a big improvement; it has a nice high armhole and the fusing is much lighter, so the jackets aren't so stiff. I've ordered unlined jackets to test the craftsmanship, and the finishing is excellent. When testing Sur out, it makes sense to take advantage of the competitive...
I recommend popping into Surmesur in Ottawa (Slater and O'Connor). I work in the boutique, so I'm definitely biased, but I also really believe in the make. It's excellent value as far as MTM is concerned.
Selling a pair of Edward Green for Alan Flusser suede loafers; these were made in England, and are in excellent condition (lots of life in the soles still).   $300 shipped (trees not included).   I'm not sure of the exact size (it is not clearly marked), but I find they wear like a 9C, which is a touch narrow for my liking.
Selling a pair of vintage Polo suede loafers; these were made in ~84 I believe, and are in very good condition (lots of life in the soles still).   $200 shipped includes custom shoe trees made for this pair.   The last is an old 8.5D, but I find they wear more like 9C, which is a touch narrow for my liking.
Selling a pair of vintage Polo brogues; these were made in ~89, and are in very good condition (lots of life in the soles still, and one scratch on the toe box pictured).   $160 shipped (trees not included)   I believe these are tagged as 8.5D, but I find they wear more like 9C, which is a touch narrow for my liking.
Selling 4 pairs of dressy chinos in light olive, gunmetal, wine, and milk chocolate. The cloth is 100% cotton and the make is from Surmesur (Canadian MTM comparable to indochino/suit supply). They are great for a slim guy who wears ~29-30 size slim chinos. These are new garments from when we were testing our new maker.   Standard cross pockets, dress extension with button closure, lined to the knee, heel guards, brace buttons on the inside.   They retail for $150 plus...