or Connect

Posts by soundsnpressure

It's funny hearing skinheads getting into rockabilly. I've always had a great respect and appreciation for 'trad' rockabilly's. I think these days, in the UK (anyway), there is a mutual respect between rockabilly's and skinheads. Similar subcultures in many ways. I always strongly believe that early/vintage rock'n'roll is/was far more rebelious and rabble rousing, thank punk ever was, as much as I love my punk. I've met rockabillys that have got into reggae and...
Good man! I used to have a problem with getting older and still wearing airwair boots. I had a break for a few years, but I came back to them. THink I'll keep wearing them for life now. ALong with brogues and loafers of course. Let us know how you find the 'Langston' boots, THink I may go for the 'Drury'.  
Jason.   Great boots there. Will have a look at them. LOVE the colour. NIce to see DM's giving out some variations.   I'm on the lookout for something new/slightly different.   With regards to 'Boots', I only really wear my Mikkel Rude 11i astronaut oxblood, an 8i black pair of 1460 DM's. And occasionaly the DM cappers ;) I've bought a couple of shite oxblood brogue boots, had to sell them on. should have just gone for the NPS Stable boot.   What Dm's...
Them DM DRURY boots Frank posted are now in the UK site. 100 nicker. http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-7036-dr-martens-drury-boot.aspx   The US site states they are made in Thailand. The UK doesn't mention origin. Must be the same tho.   It's about time DM's made a boot in a decent dark oxblood. More like some of the Solovair footwear.     (p.s. The DM JEFFERY boot isn't my thing, BUT they are in the sale £69 from £129, then there is an extra 20% off the...
Had a little look on web, I agree  they seem to be for the US market only. Very nice, love the rich colour and style.  
At first Glance. I like a great deal. I'd like to see some more photo's. What company is selling these mate? Very interested.    
Any idea what this is all about. It's going to be announced very soon by Brutus.   Trimfit socks I'm guessing     (EDIT: I have the answer, it's is an Oxblood shirt with yellow trim. Like a classic DM boot. You are gonna see a hell of a lot of these shirts! )
Ha ha. I've just stumbled upon this early pic of a famous Mod icon in somewhat of a transitional period.         Talking of Mods. I've just read  'A sharper world' book edited by palo Hewitt. Had it years but never read it till now. Comparing all the experiences of the invloved authors of VERY early mods 57-62 ish. Their dress and look was very very skinhead. Short cropped hair/trouser length/shoes etc. I know they were predominantly into Jazz and R&B...
All my tonic/tonik style trousers I own, are really cheap looking. They range in cost from about £30-£60 quid. I'm yet to find a decent pair to be proud of. I suppose sourcing your own cloth and going bespoke is the only option. I think they look great with a plain polo or plain shirt     I bought something today i've been after for years (in the fred perry sale £45) A button polo shirt with v notch and buttons on sleeve, button on back of collar and with full...
2-tone - something that originated in the midlands popular in in London, never ;)   (edit: 2-tone the ska movement, Bad joke)