or Connect

Posts by soundsnpressure

A superb shoe. And great in the way that they have never been reproduced to my knowledge. Only realy seen them at Northern Soul do's. Always liked them. The only ones (vintage of course) I've ever found on e-bay have never been in my size.   I once found some DM ones on e-bay (age and era unknown) in a size larger than I take, but I was still going to try and win them. Until on closer inspection the seller had modified the shoes, he had added tassles to the shoes.! Such...
Hi there. Welcome.   I have bought all the different styles of modern levi's sta-prest since the mid 90's. I love the modern Levi's, I don't know how true they are in any way to original skinhead wear, but to be honest. It doesn't bother me. I have other brands of sta-prest that are more like the classic 60's 70's ones when I want to look more 'traditional'. (they are also a hell of a lot cheaper than levis anyway!)   Here's 3 of the last modern designs of Levi's. There...

My lord...What a photo. Well, along with the bone-heads there's the  'other lot'  that have hijacked the skinhead style, and dragged the sub-culture into the gutter. Such a shame because the average joe-bloggs on the street associates skinheads with these 2 factions these days.   That outfit doesn't even match  I think the baseball bat is probably polystyrene too.  

Would have to agree GS. I had mostly MIE docs in the late 80's and early 90's. The 3 pairs of DM's I bought New, mid to late 90's were made in Portugal. And to be fair they were pretty spot on.  A pair of cherry red shoes I had for 10 years were made in Portugal, Only threw them out because i'd worn down the sole at the heels.   A few months ago I bought a pair of NEW Black 8i DM's. They are a very poor fit, Feel far TOO roomy. A real baggy fit. You have to pull the...
Love this one too, from 1969. Great artwork, if a little Beatles inspired.  
Superb Jason! I could do with a night out like that.       I was mooching about on the net earlier and found this Levi's sta-prest advert from 1968. Interesting to see what a US sta-prest 'look' would be like, during this important year. It looks like a Uk early 70's look.    
I'd be well pleased to see a lady out, in Amy's FP collection e.g. -       That's just a quick photo I found on the net. But she has fused some great 50's influences on 60's FP stlyes. She has produced some lovely stuff IMHO..
Ha ha. Nice one Roy No dis-respect to any skingirl, BUT I've always liked the rockabilly girls, especialy in the 50's 'pin-up' girl sort of get-up. You don't tend to see them that often, but when you do, I'm a happy bunny..   p.s. to be fair to the gals. i'ts quite hard to look feminine in a harrington and button down. ;) I really liked the 3 waves of the Amy Whinehouse FRED PERRY collection. A mix of 50's bowling shirts, Hawaiian lined harringtons, japanese inspired...