or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

I recently picked up a Seiko Sumo as a weekend watch in order to save some of the wear and tear on my Tag.  @mimo , I almost got a Seiko 5 to fill this niche, but ended up wanting the Sumo.  I'm very impressed with the quality of the Seiko divers when considering their low price point.
 Agreed.  When researching watches, I came to the conclusion that I am not a dress watch guy.  I'd rather have something a little more sporty/casual that is acceptable with a suit and works with jeans and a t-shirt as well.  I'm currently being tempted by the Longines Legend Diver while I sit on the waiting list for the Stowa: 
@mdancel, I would look at Seiko, Hamilton and Tissot before buying anything.   If you really like the KW aesthetic and can spend a little more, the Stowa Antea is nice.  
My wife and I just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary last week.  I'm on the waiting list for her gift to me:    
You also have to keep in mind that I have fit issues where I buy to fit the chest and then have Maria take the back in on the side seams.  She's much more reasonable if you are not asking her to open up the jacket and do major surgery. 
It may be closer to $125 for jacket only and $150 for a suit.  Still very expensive, though.
 Welcome to town!  If you're going to work downtown or close, that's your best bet for finding a good tailor.  I've been very happy with Maria from Golden Needle and have used her for years.  She is very busy and has increased her prices accordingly over the years (now charges roughly $150 for my usual alterations of taking in the back of the jacket and doing the sleeves), but knows what she is doing.  I believe that @Patrick R said that Despos recommended someone on Oak...
@noodles, purely out of curiosity, what is the lowest offer you got on the Formosa?  (No names please)
Is it worth another try for the next season?  Seeing as they sold the ties for full price, I wonder if Frui lost interest in selling to us. 
I see they're coming to Chicago as well.  May need to check them out.