or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

^^^  What fabric is that?
 Take my comments regarding how dressy the watch is with a grain of salt.  Remember, they're coming from someone who has been wearing a Stowa Marine Original as his dress watch and who generally does not like traditional dress watches.
 Thanks.  I agree about the lugs.  I just cannot get into the Tangente and other models with the thin, stick lugs.  I tried on both last week and the 38 mm looked better on my 7 inch wrist.  I was originally thinking no date, but then noticed your point about the date window and how it balances out the dial and (in my opinion) almost makes the watch a slight bit more casual (which I like).  I would be comfortable wearing this in a business casual setting as well.  The last...
 Thanks, Cleav.  This one's a keeper for me.  Now, to get some pictures of it with a cocktail or two.
So, a little present for myself arrived from Germany today, and I cannot stop looking at my wrist:       I think I may have found my first dress watch that I enjoy wearing, which is a good thing since I'm in a suit a few times a week.  In other news, it's time to sell off the Hamilton Intramatic that never found a place in my rotation.  Purchased it in December, but only wore it a few times because it just wasn't what I was looking for.
 I was searching through fabrics yesterday and was surprised to see the number of fabrics that are out of stock.  I ended up not ordering anything as everything I liked was out of stock.  @luxire is there a big restock coming?
 I've purchased three ties from Shibumi.  My recollection is it usually takes 1 - 2 weeks for delivery.  Beautiful ties.
 Yeah, I agree with all the comments and the rationale for going darker.  Makes complete sense to me, but I do not think 1289 is the one.  It is very ink blue in color and has a purplish tint indoors. It looks fine in direct sunlight, but I just looked at it again indoors and all I can see is purple.  I'd be all over something a little darker, but you're right 1289 is very saturated.
 Are you suggesting 1289? Here is the look that inspired this purchase: 
   I thought about 1289 for the reason it is a little darker.  My only hesitation is that it seems to have a purplish tint at times, depending on the light.  I've never been a big fan of smoked mother of pearl, but the brown mother of pearl does not look bad.  Is there a reason to strongly consider smoked MOP here? I'm thinking of experimenting with the no shoulder padding option for this one?  Any words of warning?