or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

You have 65 posts and I think at least 20 of them are taking jabs at Luxire about the website every few weeks.  We get it, you don't like the current website and think a new website is never coming.  Message received loud and clear.
Thanks.  Seems very counter-intuitive as I can get plasticky shiny shoes for a 1/3 the price that AE charges.  The selling point is buying quality shoes that do not look like plastic. I wonder if they are treating the soles with something similar.  The soles on the recrafts that I got back a few weeks ago were treated with something as they do not scuff at all.
 I do not frequent this thread the same as I used to, so have not heard anything about this spray-on lacquer finish.  What is it? 
 The only way this is a valid question is if @europrep had Aaron fit him in person.  Otherwise, I'm not sure how you compare emailing pictures of a trial suit with having a tailor measure and fit you in person.  I'm a KW fan, but I'd much rather have a tailor measure and fit me in person than rely on the picture exchange method (assuming the tailor has the requisite skill, which is not always the case with all MTM outfits).
  I will have to give serious thought to whether I will send another pair of AE's in for re-crafting.  I sent a pair of chukka's in a few years ago that returned with a deep scratch very prominently placed in the center of the toe.  I did not say anything because I naively thought I could polish over it.  It was too deep and remains very prominently on the toe of the boots. Chalking the first instance up to bad luck, I sent a pair of Walnut Strands in for re-crafting...
 I usually give my KW jackets a few days hanging up before I wear them.  I've had some that arrived clean and ready to go and others where the lapel was wonky and needed a few days to settle down.
   The one gift card exclusion applies to shell cordovan and Edward Green.     Just kidding.
 I have a suede Carmina belt that is awesome.   Love it.
@rnguy001 I've long admired this watch and would love to see a wrist shot the next time you wear it that is a little further back and more accurately shows how it wears on your wrist.
 I like the Italian calfskin ones from Brooks Brothers.  About $90 during one of the many 30% off sales. AE belts are a little wide for a dress belt to wear with a suit.