or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

GMTO's were taking 10-12 weeks a few months ago, and I think the factory is open again next week.  No idea if there is going to be a backlog that slows things down more.
 Are we still talking about kids?
A couple of suggestions:   1.)  There are too many suggestions flying around for @watchidiot to keep track of and manage, unless he is going to turn this into his full-time job.  I suggest people make suggestions and, if it gets enough traction, the original suggestor keep track of the shoe/boot details and identity of the interested persons.  When you get to six people that agree on the same details for the shoe/boot, forward along the information to @watchidiot along...
I'll agree with what a few have said, that it gets significantly easier when the kids are 3 and out of diapers.  They can play with siblings and do not need to be constantly entertained, are better about eating meals and can wake up and entertain themselves for a little bit so that Mom and Dad do not have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. every Saturday.
The pictures of the 973 Rain last pebble grain boot look outstanding.  @steveyoo1983 , is there a difference between Carmina's lightly antiqued grain calf and the antique brown scotch grain used in these boots?  I ask because the Skoak boot in lightly antiqued grain look significantly lighter than the boots from the 973 Rain last GMTO.  If I were to jump in on a re-run, I would want to make sure I got something just as dark as the first round.      
 The same is true for many of the Macclessfield silks that have recently gone out of stock.  I'm a little confused by this decision as there are some great silks that are not being restocked and some less than desirable ones that are sitting unsold, which limits the choices for the next order of ties.
One of the pairs I ordered was the blue lambswool donegal pants. I was in disbelief how soft they were and how amazing they looked. I liked them so much, I may go back for the lambswool tan tweed from Moon.
 The pants are there already.  I've already bought a few pairs that are new for Fall.
I was 34 when we had our oldest and a month shy of 40 when we had our third, so I'll be roughly 62 when the youngest graduates college.   On the spacing apart issue, our two oldest are only 19 months apart, which resulted in complete chaos at times, but now is pretty cool because they are really close, share a lot of the same interests and share the same friends in the neighborhood.  They are only one grade apart, so I could see them sharing the same friends even in high...
I suspect discussions have commenced on when to start a family.  The only advice I have is to enjoy your time together now and not rush into anything until you're sure you are ready, but do not wait so long that you need to take the van from the retirement home to your kids' college graduation ceremony.