or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

Mid-gray.  They're Howard  Yount tropical wool. I think Carmina's snuff suede looks outstanding with mid-gray.  I'm not sure if there is enough contrast to wear them with tan pants.
 Skoak.  There's a mad rush of GMTO's over there since Skoak announced a price increase going into effect March 1st.  The GMTO is Euro's boot in snuff suede with a Danite sole.  I think I'm in.  @thehaven22 is organizing it.
  That is a great looking boot.  You may have just enabled me.  It's interesting that you mention versatility as that concern is what is holding me back.  Are you mainly wearing them with jeans or with dressier fits?  I find myself in jeans less and less nowadays and, when I am, it's usually in a setting where a light brown suede ankle boot might stand out a little too much.
Not yet, but strongly considering it.  I was on a no purchase kick that I wanted to last through September, but what do you do when a GMTO comes along that might be just what you're looking for.  You asked in another thread about Carmina's snuff suede.  Here is a picture straight out of the box and another after the Nano spray darkened them:   In hindsight, I realize I used too much nano spray back in June as my shoes are still waterproof 8 months later. 
 I currently wear a pair of shell loafers (Allen Edmonds Patriot) pretty regularly in the Summer.  If I were to add another pair, it would without a doubt be the Carmina string loafer in snuff suede, which can be worn with jean as well as dressier trousers.  I would not wear it with a suit, though.  Use Google images and you will see some great ideas for how to wear it.
@europrep, I'm on the fence about a GMTO for the Carmina 5 eyelet chukka in snuff suede.  I recall you have a pair.  Do you have any pictures of them with trousers?  I'm curious how much of the lacing shoes.
@Xposure, if all you are looking for is a loafer for Summer, I like the Carmina string loafer in snuff suede that someone else linked you to.  Last time I priced it, it was roughly $310, so within your ballpark if the free shipping promotion is still going on.  Meermin has one for even cheaper, but quality will not be the same.   Your request for a tassel loafer to wear with suits has me wondering if you do not have a good rotation of shoes and should consider a...
 Just have to decide if I want a more round toe for a Chukka, but have always liked that five eyelet chukka design.
Put me down as a definite maybe on the 905 suede chukka. I want a snuff or tobacco suede chukka; just not sure about the Rain last or whether to get a different model on the Soller last.
 You've got a button hole for every button on that jacket.  Adjust as you see fit.