or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

You didn't miss much, but I am trying to corrupt you and prey on your weakened mental state by getting you involved in another GMTO at Gentlemens' Footwear.
Cross-posting this proposed GMTO from the Gentlemen's Footwear thread:   Originally Posted by New Shoes1 Staring at that beautiful color of the brown grain 973's makes me realize I really want a wingtip version with a round toe. So, this color brown grain:       In Model 80277 (Forest Last):     with a storm welt and danite soles, so the finished product looks like this (minus the tucked pants):        
Two pieces of news on the Hobert front:   1.  DHL shipping went up from $18 to $29.  (Ouch!).  Edit:  Just heard from David that the shipping increase was tied to the dollar value of my order and Hober has not raised its shipping costs.   2.  I do not recall who in this thread originally suggested David make a pocket square out of the box design, but he finally did it and it looks amazing!!     Just ordered one and have seen the inventory dropping rapidly since...
   Nice.  @aglose indicated he would be in on this one when we talked about it a few weeks ago.  If we can convince @Murlsquirrel we're at four and 2/3 of the way there.  Antiqued brown grain wingtip boot with storm welt and danite sole.  Who else is in?
My problem on this one is that I know too precisely what I want, which may make it tough to get six participants. I may have to go the solo MTO route or just pick up the Islay and hope it fits.
I'm all about the dark brown grain on this one. Those Rain 973's came out amazing!
Sorry, not interested in CXL for this one.
Staring at that beautiful color of the brown grain 973's makes me realize I really want a wingtip version with a round toe.  So, this color brown grain:       In Model 80277 (Forest Last):     with a storm welt and danite soles, so the finished product looks like this (minus the tucked pants):       @jungleroller @Murlsquirl @aglose @peppercorn78   Who's in?
Rather than submit 5 Eagle County and 3 Townley GMTO's, it seems like AE would be best served to simply put these shoes back in prodution with multiple leather options.  Perhaps that will be the result of these GMTO's.
 I would totally be in for the brown grain calf EC if it was not on the 2 last.  I'll have to wait to see if something like the EC on the 1 or 5 last comes out this Fall.