or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

A blucher wingtip on the 5 last makes me , but the elimination of the MTO fee waiver and recent price increase makes me  because I suspect I will really want this shoe in burgundy shell, but do not want to pay $800 for AE shell.
Jungle Boogie:  I had those same black captoes on yesterday.  Love them.  They're a MTO and not generally available , so if Steve has your size and you want them, I would act.
I have three black cap toes, but I also wear black shoes a couple times a month.  One pair for rainy/snowy trips to the courthouse, a pair on the Forest last and another pair on the Rain last because I wanted both.
 I now see you are in Denmark and not the U.S., so perhaps you are right.  I will say, though, that it's worth not buying too much in the way of shoes and work clothes until you start work and see how others dress on a regular basis.
 They would be fine, but one piece of advice:  hold off on buying another black captoe until after you start your job.  New lawyers always think a law firm is a black captoe only environment, until they arrive and realize that is not the case.
 To the extent it helps with your decision, it's raining in Chicago today. 
^^ I love how @kulata gets right to the heart of the matter.
I've got staples somewhat covered with three pairs of HY gray flannels in various shades, HY brown flannels and worsted slacks in various other colors.  This would be solely about the fact that I see those blue donegal pants every year and like them, but am not sure how much wear they will get.  Agreed on wearing them without a tie.
 Noodles, are you suggesting I pair the blue donegal pants with another pair of pants?
Thanks for the nudge everyone.  I've got a light gray jacket that might work with these pants (my hesitation being due to the fact it has a slight bluish tint to it).  I've also got a beige tweed jacket that I've thus far been unable to pair with anything but jeans, which might work.  I suspect, however, that the jacket below may be too dark for the blue donegals as it has some black in it.