or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

This boot from Skoak may be exactly what you are looking for.  $441 plus shipping.  http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/carmina-jumper-boot 
While on the subject of boots, I've also had my eye on these Carminas for a dressier option:  
 For calfskin shoes, yes, as long as you have six participants.  There would be a premium above this for boots, but I'd be surprised if was more than a $50-75 premium.  You should start hanging out in the Gentlemens' Footwear thread where these MTO's are organized.  If you see one you like, @steveyoo1983 can let you know the cost.
 I recall posts in the AE thread where people were posting pictures of wrinkly CXL boots and asking if their boots were defective.  The response back was that this is how CXL looks with wear.  I have no experience with it, so curious to hear from people in the know.
I cannot keep up with this thread.  @Murlsquirl, I am looking for almost the exact same boot.  I'm drooling over the Islay, but $600-700 seems pricy for a pebble grain boot.  I'm also considering organizing a group MTO of Mr. Six's Carmina boot with pebble grain, a storm welt and danite sole, which would probably come in under $500 (just a guess), but it's no sure thing to get six people interested.    I think the convincing point for me was seeing @Crat's pictures of...
Mr. Six:  I was under the impression that CXL did not age well and tended to take on a wrinkled look.  Yours look great!  How old are they and what do you do to treat them?
I agree with what has been said.  I would also add that you should be upfront about how quickly you need alterations turned around.  If the sale is going to hinge on the alterations being finished by a specific date, the sales associate will make sure that happens.
 You raise a good point to differentiate Meermin.  I believe the general consensus is that the Meermin classic line is below AE in quality while the Linea Maestro line is a step up (if you ignore quality control issues that continue to plague Meermin) Are you in the U.S?  If so, my Carmina purchases have usually ranged between $375 and $425 shipped.
  I suspect the point he is trying to make is that you are talking about a very dressy boot, which typically have leather soles.  Thick double leather soles that will not melt if you happen to get caught in snow or rain.  If you are looking for something to wear in rain, snow and slush on a regular basis, you are better served looking for a heartier boot in Chromexel, pebble grain, suede or shell.  You can even then add a storm welt and danite sole, if you so choose.
 The website is confusing on this point.  It says prices are going up 5% on 8/1/14, but then lists $795 as the price for A fabrics as of 8/1/14.  Are prices going up for other fabrics?  Am I missing something?