or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

Did you make any request with regard to the lining or fused/unfused?
For what it's worth, I only wear plain captoes like this with a suit.  I tend to rotate between shell short wings, shell long wings, suede half brogues and shell boots when I'm wearing odd jackets and trousers.
 I've had a pair in brown for three years and love them.  I still wear them on a regular basis and rotate them with my Carmina and other nicer brands.  That said, I'd put the quality right about the same as AE and well below Carmina.  The last is very nice and the build quality is nice as well.  The leather, though, leaves a little bit to be desired, which is one reason I ended up using dark brown polish on them. 
   I did this with the KW trial jacket in addition to getting KW's suggested changes.  I found it very helpful to the process in that I went in with Kent's suggested changes and discussed them with her.  We then measured the specific amounts to increase and decrease for sleeves, inseam, length, etc.  As I've used her on a regular basis for all my tailoring for years now, she did not bat an eye at doing this for me.
I ordered the mid-blue and tan wool hopsack ones.
Frustrated with Howard Yount, I recently ordered two pairs of wool hopsack trousers from Dapper Classics that supposedly fit the same as the HY American cut.  I'll report back once I receive them.
Thanks for the kinds words, everyone.  I made the decision to get two less expensive watches rather than using my entire budget on one watch after being a one watch guy for the past decade, so may have another watch incoming in the Fall as well.
 Y'up.  I ordered a croc strap with it that USPS decided to return as "undeliverable as addressed," while FedEx got the watch to me just fine.  I'll have to get better pictures once it's on the croc strap, but this should do for now.   
It doesn't compare to some of the watches posted on here, but I had a little something arrive today.  
 I'm curious which one as I currently have my eye on an Oris diver.