Posts by New Shoes1

If the style is on the website, you can go that route.  Otherwise, I've had luck emailing Betty with precisely what I want (model #, color, last, size) to see if it is something Carmina carries in their stores and can ship to me.
 That was my reaction as well.  I thought he lives and sleeps in a solid charcoal suit with a white shirt and a grenadine tie.
New Hober from a few days ago:  
One thought is to use Bick 4 or the AE bourbon polish. I use saphir for all my shoes, but would not for a very special color like bourbon. I have a similarly complex color from Carmina and have not used anything but Bick 4 and wax thus far. I know that I will eventually have to use the mid brown polish on them, but I'm holding out for as long as I can.
This.
Yes, but that was not what I was referring to. There are reports of neutral polish causing a graying discoloration to lighter leathers over time.
I've heard in the shoecare thread that neutral polish will eventually alter the color over the course of a year or so. I'd stick with Bick 4 for as long as possible.
 Take a look at cognac to see if it is a match.  Not sure it will be, but it's in the ballpark.
Just because AE has done it before, does not make it right. That was a shoe that could not decide if it was casual or dressy.
 Have you seen the double leather sole on shell strands previously?  I do not want to go all style police on you, but I'm having a tough time visualizing a balmoral with a double leather sole.  That said, Strands are more casual than a medallion cap toe might be for other makers, so it's not the craziest idea I've heard.  So, if you've seen the finished result before and like it, then go for it.