or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

That Estate Blue Hopsack jacket looks great.  Is it just me or has there been a significant improvement in the finer details of Luxire's jackets over the past several months?  The lapels and shoulders on that jacket look very nice.
From the looks of the website, seems like my speculation on what you get for your $1,100 wasn't too far off.
 No, from Carmina directly.  And, to be clear, it's not a leather sole issue as much as it is a leather sole on this stock model issue.  I have numerous Carminas on leather soles that give me no issues.  It's the thicker sole on this model combined with the suede that makes the fit challenging.
 Tweedy, I have that exact shoe in dark brown suede, which is a stock model.  One word of warning is that it comes with a really thick leather sole (1.5?) that is very stiff.  This has resulted in fit issues and heel slippage that I've not experienced in any other Carminas when combined with how easily the suede stretches.  As a point of reference, the recent snuff chukkas on rain and danite are night and day in terms of comfort.  I point this out just to make sure you...
 I struggled with this decision for an entire minute before realizing achievements lose their luster with time.  It's time to start working towards 4,444. Okay, I also wanted to echo the other comment asking WTF about the $1,100 dress shirts.  The only way I can fathom this is if the shirts are delivered by a beautiful woman that shows up at your door wearing nothing but the shirt.  She only stays an hour, but leaves the shirt for you.
 And just like that a Jos. A Bank banner is hovering over this thread.  Next time, let's try "Starbucks is the supermodel of coffee shops."
I'm starting to see a composite of the regulars on this thread and forum.  We are a group of coffee snobs that are serious about our cycling/physical fitness regimens in addition to our obsession over the minute details of exceptional clothing and shoes.  And, I suspect that if the topic is ever raised, we'll discover we are also very serious about our wine.  Am I missing anything?
 It all depends on the shade of green, Noodles.  Green can look awesome with a mid-gray suit.
 Recent as in last March for the Shibumi.  I recall the black dominating the color scheme too much and resolving to a very dark brown tie.  @pinkpanther has a picture with a camel jacket where it looks fine, but I saw several others (including Clags' pictures) that were darker than what I wanted.