or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

Steve, the same dark brown scotch grain as the 973's?
 Remind me, what was the make-up for these?  If I'm thinking of the right GMTO, I think I regret not jumping in on this one.
Is the inventory pretty low across all sizes?  I checked online in a 12D and there was very little available.  I also called and the SA confirmed the lack of inventory for Daltons and a few other models I asked about.   By the way, he did say there is an 11E Walnut shell Dalton in inventory. . . Whoever buys it, let us know, so we can time the number of minutes it takes to go.
 RTC, I've been going through similar debate and ended up deciding I can't pick just one boot to run the gamut from jeans/casual to suits.  IMO, the brown grain is perfect with jeans and chinos and can work just fine with more casual trousers and jackets.  I question how the brown grain will look as you move more to the right on the formality scale.  I've also been looking at a pair of burgundy shell boots and see them working great on the dressier side and just being...
 What makeup?  Are you talking about the jumper boot?
 The 8 last is more narrow than the five last in the toe box.  I go TTS in the 5 last for a good fit, but cannot do the 8 last.  I find a 12D is too tight in the toe box, while my heel swims in an 11.5E on the 8 last.  Go 12D in both the 1 and 5 lasts.
Wow, I love the jackets on the Steed website!  Very impressive.  I'll have to keep them in mind when I'm ready to take a step up in quality for MTM.
 Very nice.  If I were a size 8.5, I would pm BKostko with an offer to convince him to sell these today.
On the balmorals with jeans issue, I think it is easier to get away with when the balmorals are suede, brogued, shell/roughed out leather/CXL or some combination of the above.  When you are talking calfskin captoes (like the Park Avenue or Fifth Avenue), it looks really off.
New Glarus and Bell's . . . two of my favorites.  And nothing like a cold Sierra Nevada on a hot Summer's day.