or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

Cross posted:    
My only prior experience with C&J was trying on the 240 and 325 lasts at Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren, both of which were too narrow for me.  Based on this experience and the fact I go true to size for Carmina's wider lasts, I went true to size for these.  The width and length is pretty close, but the volume leaves me thinking I could have sized down a half size or will need to wear thick socks.
Breaking in my new pair of Islays today and thinking I could have sized down another half size:    
Breaking in my new Islays today.  A little bit surprised by how voluminous the 365 last is.  It's even more volume than Carmina's Rain and Inca lasts.    
 The defect that makes a shoe a second can be sizing related.  Another possibility for the discrepancy is that you have not yet broken in the new shoes and compressed the cork.
So, when are we going to officially rename this thead the Leather Sole vs. Danite Debate Thread?
 I'm wondering if they have different collars in the UK.  Your description would apply to my Brooks Brothers shirts as the collar points do not stretch far enough to sit under my lapels, but I've never had that issue with CT.  In fact, I recently picked up a few shirts from Luxire with the @Betelgeuse  collar (based on a Barba spread model) and the CT collar points are not significantly shorter.
I have both of those RTC and the one on the left is very conservative.  The one on the right is a little more bold.  Like others have said, I would probably wear a white shirt to an interview, though.
^^^   Can't wait for the surprise on my way.  I ordered a pair of Islays from Robert Old and just got the notice they are coming via UPS.
 The grossa is the identical color, but a larger weave. The piccola is a virtually identical weave, but the color is different.