or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

You're right, there is a transactional side to what I described as well, and it's when the stakes are high enough that no one is going to question it because they already know the partner is spending full days on the case.
    The only situation where I can imagine that happening is a bet the company case with eight figures exposure and a partner billing out at $800 an hour or more.  Apart from that, this kind of billing hasn't been tolerated for at least 10 or more years.
 Dude, seriously???  That was a sarcastic comment made in jest after a ridiculous complaint that kept getting repeated and repeated.  My recollection is that someone was complaining about how only trunk show attendees got the MTO fee waived and that it was discriminatory against non-NYers.  My recollection is that someone eventually quipped that Carmina went behind a curtain after every MTO sale in order to high five each other on how much they were screwing over everyone...
 Yes, that Barba collar has been copied and is what I use for most of my orders.  It is in the collar spreadsheet as the @Spandexter collar.
 My trial suit was a 44.  I'm 6'2 and 195 pounds and go with the wide lapel option.  There is no way I'd describe it as medium width or needing an additional 0.5 inch.  As stated previously, I prefer the wide over the standard, but want to make sure we're passing along accurate information here. Edit:  should have read the last few pages first; I now see this discussion has gone completely  and needs no more discussion.
KW absolutely needs an in between.  The 3.5 inch lapel is too narrow and the 4.25 too wide.  I tend to go with the 4.25 as the lesser of two evils for a larger guy with broad shoulders.
 This.  Rain and Inca are two fairly different lasts.  Inca has a low instep while Rain is a high volume shoe that accommodates high insteps well.  The fact you have the same v in both leads me to believe you ordered the wrong size.
 Ask this question in the Watch Appreciation Thread.  This is more common for high end watches.  For anything priced to be a PMW, this is a huge red flag.
 Makes sense to me.  I cannot get over the VAT and duty/tax mark-ups many of you are forced pay.
 I think you are a little off timing wise.  I ordered multiple pairs from the webshop and Carmina directly in 2013.  Inca last was $490 and several non-inca pairs ranged from $390 - $440.  I recall 2014 as the first time prices started to drop from where they had been for at least the previous two years and Skoak really coming into prominence, even though they had been selling Carmina for some time before that. I think  you are correct, though, that expectations have...