or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

Rain last:     Forest last:           I surprisingly find myself wearing the dark brown ones weekly in the winter and hardly at all in Summer and the snuff ones weekly in the Summer and hardly at all in the Winter.
 This.  If I were relegated to one, it would be a medallion cap toe in a dark brown suede.
 Wow!  Glad I picked those up in October.
 100-plus posts in this thread during a Noodles picnic attack . .. hmmm  I'm guessing that means you stepped away from your computer for about 2 hours.  Sound about right?
 Noodles, the problem is that you paired a patterned suit with a patterned shirt and a patterned tie and there was likewise no coherency  between the colors for the same (burgundy tie on brown stripe shirt with navy suit).  There are some on this forum that can navigate three patterns successfully, but none of them are named Noodles or NS1.  The safe route is for you to always wear a solid shirt with a patterned suit and then do whatever you want with your tie.  Wear your...
 I've been wearing the same Tag Link diving watch for the past 12 years and looking for a change of pace.  I'm in a suit 2-3 days a week and typically odd jacket, trousers and no tie the remaining days.  I'm thinking I need something a little dressier, but is still versatile enough to wear on the weekends.  I'm looking to keep this under $1,000.  As I've been lurking in the watch threads, I've been drawn to the Stowa Marine on a leather strap.  I've also liked a few...
I find it curious that with both @mimo and @in stitches in this thread that we've never talked about watches.  My 12 year old quartz watch is being repaired and I suddenly find myself thinking an automatic watch on a leather strap might be a nice change of pace.  So far I'm leaning towards a Stowa, but could be persuaded otherwise.
 You can add to the sleeve length to see if that helps.  You might want to also consider adjusting the sleeve angle to account for more freedom of movement.  I have not tried the sleeve angle adjustment yet, but there was a discussion of it a few pages back.
I've recently come to the same realization after one of my early shirts shrunk to the point the yoke and sleeves are almost too small, while another oxford fabric shirt has had virtually no shrinkage.  I decided I needed to find a middle road that would account for shrinkage but still look good enough if a particular fabric had little to no shrinkage.  With this in mind, I added 0.25" back in my sleeve length and may add 0.25" into my back waist.  Pretty sure I will not...
 No, dark red is a different color.  Oftentimes when a specific color sells out, it never gets replaced.