or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

I'm a 12 in the AE 5 last and an 11UK in the Forest last.  I agree with you that Forest is slightly more narrow than my Strands/Park Avenue; it's as narrow as I can go with Carmina.  I tried the Robert last, which is only slightly more narrow than Forest, but it did not work for me.
 I've never heard the AE 5 last described as having a low instep.  Exactly the opposite in that people with low insteps complain they got bowing in AE's 5 last.  Regardless, I find the insteps between the Forest last and AE's 5 last to be fairly similar.
 I have the first one, but it is in a color that is slightly darker than cognac calf and simply called marron (not vegano marron).  IMO, the Forest last fits very similarly to the AE 5 last in a D width.   Not sure if this helps, but I also have the second one in brown suede:   I would not worry about cognac calf being too light.  Many lawyers (myself included) wear that light cognac color in the Spring and Summer both casually and with suits or odd jacket and tie.
 Are you sure about that?  I think they might.  I'll check with my 3 year old tonight to get her thoughts on a pair of bicycle toed shoes and report back on whether she agrees with Fred.
 I'm a 12 US in AE's 5 last and an 11UK in Carmina's Forest, Rain, Inca and Soller lasts.  I have a low instep, so am not the person to comment on how the Soller last accommodates a high instep and was merely comparing Soller to Rain above.  Rain is an obvious choice for a high instep.  I also do not think I've ever heard anyone complain about Soller as not accommodating a high instep.
I stopped ordering from Meermin in 2012 as I felt the additional $100 or so for Carmina was well worth the significant increase in quality and customer service.  If the LM is now more expensive than Carmina, that's crazy.
Here are the best pictures I've seen of these boots in natural light, courtesy of SF's @Gerry Nelson  [[SPOILER]]
  The toe box is lower than Forest and more like Rain.  That said, I find Soller to have a lower instep than Rain.   Here's a few pictures.  More burgundy in the office and more red outside.  
 I'm wearing this exact same boot today.  You'll love it.   I wear the same size in Soller, Rain and Forest.  I find any difference in width between Soller and Rain to be negligible, especially since I tend to wear thicker socks with boots. 
   I'm thinking, "collar fascist.'