or Connect

Posts by New Shoes1

Yes, I believe it's Midnight Fina, Midnight Picolla, Navy Fina in order of darkest to lightest with the midnight picolla being the closest to a true navy.
Interesting discussion regarding wearing items out of season.  I was contemplating rescinding my membership in the anti-shantug club (sorry Murl and SB) under the notion a shantung tie was interchangeable with a wool tie and would look good with flannels and a blazer.  The past few pages have me reconsidering this.  Does everyone share Yoda's view that shantung is a summer seasonal item?
@GuP take those pants to a good tailor and see what can be made of them. If you get a good result, send them to Luxire for replication.
Looks nice.  Thanks.
 Would like to see a picture.
 I think whether or not to size down depends on how snug the Rain last is on you.  If your Rain fit is pretty snug, I do not think Soller adds enough volume by itself to justify going down half a size.  That said, I've toyed with the idea of sizing down 1/2 size on Rain, so would probably size down 1/2 size on Soller if getting a Soller last dress shoe.  Hope that makes sense.
 I stayed with the same size going from a Rain last oxford to a Soller last boot.  Worked out perfectly, especially since I like to wear a little thicker sock with the boots.
That's really nice, @pinkpanther .  Is that one still in stock?
 You're free to announce whatever you like on Facebook.  My point was directed to your complaint about your friends researching the price of your watch after you announced it on Facebook.  I think it is fairly evident that an announcement on Facebook that you purchased an Omega watch might cause a few people to Google it and inevitably see the retail price for a new model.  Hence, my point that you should not make such announcements on Facebook if you do not want your...
 If you do not want people to know what you paid for an item, you should refrain from announcing the purchase on your Facebook account.