or Connect

Posts by HAL 9000

N&F have different weights, but generally they're pretty heavy also. The only light-weight raw denim I know of are Acne Max Raws and Nudies. They're definitely much less heavier than APCs. Honestly though, if you want a light-weight jean, don't go for raws. Raws are heavy for a reason. Heavier denim takes a longer time to wear out (Which is good).
What are some high quality coats thats warm, durable, and has a "European"/"Professional" look to them? I'm needing one for the winter. I don't like Parkas or jackets like Canada Goose. Also, the coat shouldn't fall below the knees. Thanks for your suggestions.
APC Petit Standard are 14. oz denim. They're on the heavier side. They will feel like cardboard when you first wear them. APCs are also vanity sized. They are not true to size. Most suggest that you size down 1-3 from your true waist.
I laughed hard. Did this happen to you?
I'm also going to college/university, and its gonna be my first year. For footwear, moccasins will look nice. If you want you can get a pair of casual boots like Clarks Desert Boots. For the winter, nothing better than a pair of Redwings GT or the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot. For pants, I think you're fine with those chinos; just pick up a pair of raws (If you're new start off with APC or N&F). I got a pair of APCs, sized down 3 for a slim fit. I'm probably gonna wear them...
Does anyone know how the Wings + Horns West Point Chinos and Rag & Bone Chinos compare to Unis Chinos? In terms of fit, construction, quality, etc.
Ok. Thanks again for the clarification.
Get a duffle like Filson. They look nice, but pretty costly (200 range).
bl@ster, thank you for the clarification.   So aside from the leather, are the Beckmans 9016 and 9011 the same as the GTs (style, look, etc)?
Is the leather in the Beckmans essentially equivalent to the leather in the GTs? Is the Featherstone as good as the Chromexcel leather?