or Connect

Posts by HAL 9000

Like the others have said, if you're willing to shell 300 on a pair of boots, then just opt for a pair of red wings. Even if your winters are harsh, these boots are made to last through them and they are supposed to age rugged.
For some reason, those contemporary brands like W+H always turn a beautiful coat bad by making it a bit too flashy. I'm also looking for something simple (trench, mac, long peacoat).
Definitely button fly. Looks better.
That's quite interesting. How would you know if its too small then? (I went a full size down, its unbelievably hard to put on, I'm thinking of returning it for a half size larger than the one I have).
Will hemming a pair of raws ruin the selvedge and the original hem?
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah, the boots take so much work to get on, I have to like take the laces out of the sockets to fit my feet in.  
How about struggling to put them on? When putting on red wings boots, you need to stretch out the laces and the sides right?
I'm in need of a winter jacket/coat. The winters are quite cold, most of the time its -10 to -20. I want a warm, good-looking, and high quality coat. Can anyone recommend brands that sell either wool trenches, mid-length peacoats, or any similar coats? Canada Goose jackets are warm but they don't look that nice, and for the price, I'm sure there are better options. My budget is 800 and less. Thanks a lot.
Okay, thanks a lot for the suggestion bl@ster. One more question. Do I have approximately the right size if I can fit my index finger behind the heels (not too tight and not too much wiggle room)? Thanks again.
Is an orthotic insert necessary?