or Connect

Posts by John152

Quote: Originally Posted by Big Punisher ^^ Sorry, didn't see your thread. And I have to bump this, as I have a few more questions. What material should my first suit be? I'll be in MN and I want to wear it year-round. What is a 3/2 roll or something I keep hearing about? Where can I buy shoe trees cheap? Thanks in advance. 1) I'll leave this one to someone who knows more about it, but I know the general consensus is that there...
Humans are the only animals that consume milk after the nursing stage in life, and there has been some studies that try to show that milk is a cause of cancer since it promotes growth. Also it has been shown to produce an increase in inflammation in the body (including the heart). On the other hand you have people like Mark Rippetoe who say to drink a gallon of milk a day. I've seen people do his Starting Strength program with the gallon of milk a day and put on 20lbs...
Tabata squats will rip you apart, in fact tabata anything will rip you apart. You should really ease into stuff like that, ESPECIALLY Crossfit. I took about 4 months off of crossfit after doing it for about a year and a half, and I couldn't move for a week. Really, take your time and don't be in a rush to do this stuff. If you want to keep doing tabatas try doing only 4 rounds instead of 8, and do this a couple times and then move into the full 8 rounds. And no it's...
Everyday: Burgener warmupx3x3 (20kg) Overhead squatsx3x3 (20kg) Snatch Dropsx3x3 (20kg) Some dynamic stretching stuff for about 5min total Monday: Clean (Reps depending on week, range from 3x1 at the lowest to 3x5 at the highest never more than 15 reps) Overhead squat 3x5 Heavy snatch drops/balances Wednesday: Snatch (Same reps as clean) Back Squat 3x5 RDL or deadlift depending Friday: Speed/technique work on C&J and Snatch Heavy sets of Jerks...
This is actually alot more common than most people would probably think. Ask any competitive lifter and they've probably hit themselves in the chin at least a dozen times with the bar.
Defiantly try out Thick as Thieves, I got a navy tweed jacket with a red over check that is completely awesome.
So far I've had a great experience with Jantzen, ordered 4 shirts so far, most came within a month. The only hitch was with the 3rd shirt that took nearly 2 months to arrive, but an email to Ricky cleared it up rather quickly, it was a plain white shirt and the fabric was out of stock. Just ordered a shirt yesterday (9th) and received the confirmation today (10th), which is the quickest so far.