or Connect

Posts by John152

Steven, I am on the verge of ordering a jacket but when I went to view a navy fabric from you there wasn't one on the preview page, but on the order form there says there is one. Also I was wondering when you would put up more pictures of the jackets because I would like to have a little bit more of a look before ordering.
Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido - as mentioned before, we are still testing these guys out.. The last thing we want is another weekly posts ranting about Jantzen etc. It seems to me that eventually the mystery tailor will be revealed, but the HK crew doesn't want to tell everyone if they're not 100% sure that they are satisfied with the work. It isn't narcissism of i-masterbation, just due diligence.
Quote: Originally Posted by EdenResident Why does that bother you so much? I'm scrawny. I lift weight to get bigger. I wear gloves not to look cool but to prevent slippage. Plus they prevent my sweat from getting on the bar, which is good for everyone. If you position the bar in the proper place there more than likely won't be and slippage. You don't want the bar up in your palm, but instead down lower right where your fingers meet your palm....
Am I missing something? I only see the three links on the website and it seems like there should be more.
Quote: Originally Posted by rjakapeanut lemme ask you guys another question: i'm going to attend law school in louisiana. specifically, tulane. its a good school, for sure. but my main thing is...i'm attending school in louisiana, and i want to practice in louisiana. i'll obviously be looking into the civil law stuff because thats what louisiana is all about, but i am wondering if i practice in LA for a while...would i still be able to adapt to other...
Quote: Originally Posted by bbaquiran Can these be done with dumbells, or is that a recipe for disaster? Doable but much harder. As I said earlier in the thread one of the key points to the OHS is horizontal force on the bar which helps stabilize it overhead. With dumbbells you don't have this so it is much, much more difficult since the dumbbells move in every direction and often end up "rotating" for lack of a better word.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayland The handle is smoother than my DD 1 pood, but it doesn't bother me. If it did, I'd chalk up or wrap it with tape. I bought the DD KB first, when they had some super sale a while back, but would never pay full DD price. I like to play around with KB's but I don't feel they are any more special than a DB. Use a DB for snatch, C&J, swing, Turkish Get-Up, etc. and you get the same results. I guess juggling is one KB...
Quote: Originally Posted by Flambeur Hmm I assume you're pretty fucking strong already then? A 53 lbs is no joke, and more so with 62, and a pair of them? Hehe.. for reals... If you're just doing swings alone a 53lb bell isn't all that heavy, especially once you get the rhythm down. I started with a 1 pood (36lb) bell because I didn't want to start out with something too heavy for me to lift and I ended up outgrowing it pretty quickly....
Quote: Originally Posted by TheApple I was reading some LSAT Logic Questions.. They weren't that difficult. You just need to be logical ( ). But I dont see how 4 years of College can help you think that way? Like... being that critical and astute. College helps you with critical thinking in that most majors throw a ton of stuff at you and you have to assimilate it all and tell how it relates, or something like that. So no, college won't help...
Few tips to doing overhead squats: 1) When you do them pretend that you're pulling the bar apart which will help stabilize the bar. 2) Make sure you have "active shoulders" which is where you try to shove your shoulders into your ears. Again this helps with bar stabilization and will help you apply horizontal force to the bar. 3) If you have a squat rack try setting the bar at a height where you can get under it in a squat position with arms locked out and stand...