or Connect

Posts by roots1976

Filson used to customize, if asked for. Not sure they still offer this service, though...
Edit:   I use to wear a longsleeve t-shirt under my coats/jackets most of the time in winter. No layering, no more jackets and pullovers under it. Just a longslleve and a scarf plus gloves. We have slightyl sub zero temperatures here at the moment and that coat keeps me warm and protects me from the rain/snow and icy winds. Very impressed!
OK, got both the Filson All Season Raincoat and the Medium Tin Cloth Field Bag. Short review, pics later:   The coat is a good fit on me in size L (44). It definitely IS generously sized/cut, as the Filson site states. First thought it would be a tad big on me and that a size M would have been the better choice. It's a good fit, though. It's not that this coat fits like a size bigger, but it is very wide, especially from pit to pit resp. the chest width with hugh arm...
Since buying Filson stuff from the US is much cheaper than buying in a German Store I just bought another Filson product, the small tin cloth duffle. Even with pre-paid taxes and duties I save $50 on that bag. Filson stuff is pretty expensive over here.
After re-measuring my chest it's more a 44" than a 43". Ordered an All Season raincoat in size Large and a Medium Tin Cloth field bag through Hank's Clothing in Binghamton, NY. Will post up a review and pics as soon as delivered...
A friend of mine who lives in the US called Filson for me and their customer service rep told him that a size Large would fit me better with a 43" chest and broad shoulders. Another Filson customer service rep finally sent me this via e-mail:   "...   For your reference, I am including the measurements of the All-Season Raincoat for you: SPECS S M L           CHEST 46 49 52     SWEEP 46 49 52     NECK 19...
@ConcreteFiction:   Thanks for your reply. So, you think a size Large would be too roomy? I've fairly broad shoulders and with a chest of 43" shouldn't a size Large (44") fit as well? Problem is I can't try that coat on over here and actually I'm not intersted in an expensive return shipment should it be too small or too large. The only brand I wear a size Medium is Patagonia, because their Medium fits like a Large. Same with Filson? Would be helpful to have exact...
Hey, guys. I'm about to buy a Filson All Season raincoat, but not sure about sizing. Never had a Filson coat or jacket before, so no idea. Can't try that coat in a shop near me and would have to buy from the US while located in Germany. I would really appreciate your support.   http://www.filson.com/products/all-season-raincoat-with-hood.10022.html?fromCat=true&fvalsProduct=mens/cover-cloth&fmetaProduct=1014   I'm 5'9", 82kg resp. 180lbs and my chest is about...
Been wearing my melton wool Schott 740N pea coat for the last couple month exclusively and love it. Now I received my brandnew Schott 740N Leather Pea Coat and it is just stellar. Heavy as it should be for a leather jacket/coat, warm and windproof, excellent craftsmanship. This thing will last me for decades, that's dead sure... 
Looking to buy a used black Schott NYC leather pea coat # 140 in size 42.   Thanks,   Steven