or Connect

Posts by faraway

Could it be this?
Sorry, I should explain myself better. I meant that the black label suit I tried in the store had a fit similar to the suits I already own, which are OTR but which have all had at least the waist taken in after purchase. Basically the CT suit was slimmer all over and felt like a much better fit straight from the shop. I normally wear 38S, and it was a 38S that I tried on in the shop.   I didn't see the dogstooth unfortunately, and I don't remember seeing the plain...
I tried one of the black label suits recently in the store near Liverpool Street station.  The fit is nice, with much slimmer sleeves and more waist suppression than most suits I've tried.  It felt basically like my suits that have already been tailored.  They only had the navy and blue pin dot in stock, but I liked it.  Can't comment on the buttons.   For reference, I'm 5'8", 145lb - my normal suit size is 38 jacket/31 trousers, and the same size fit me well in this...
I have a trip coming up to the Washington/Annapolis area, anyone know any decent denim retailers in the area?
So, trial shirt number 2 is here!   I made some adjustments to the sizing (see picture with sizes below) and think I have a better fit this time around.  I think I still have some changes to make before it's nailed down properly, so I'm looking for feedback again.   My impression is that although the general fit is better, but around the lower back there is still a little excess fabric (even though the shirt has darts). This seems to cause a little kind of "fold"...
Saw this recently in a Charles Tyrwhitt catalogue, GBP 129 at the moment.  Looks good, might see if I can find it in one of their stores to take a look at.   Navy Quilted Coat  
Thanks, I'll try a shorter yoke and smaller armholes. The cuffs came out far larger than I expected so that measurement is already adjusted for the next shirt. I assume with a smaller armhole and cuff, that the sleeves will automatically end up slimmer? I picked the "normal" shoulder. I think the asymmetry is probably me trying to hold a slightly un-natural pose for the photos. Anyway, if I take an inch or two off the waist, would this sort out the excess fabric, our do...
No comments?  Do I need to put up some different pictures?  FYI, the shirt has been washed already.
I've been lurking for a while now, and thanks to information from these forums I recently ordered a trial shirt from Moderntailor, using slightly adjusted measurements from another shirt. I'm pretty happy with the fit for a first try, but I'd really like to get some feedback about what I should improve for future orders.   My impressions - the cuffs are a bit big and the forearms are a bit loose, the shirt is a little short to wear tucked in, and there is something...