or Connect

Posts by TauKappaEpsilon

Can anyone explain the differences between CXL and Cordovan? I'm now thinking about getting these and I'm not sure what is the better option, CXL or Cordovan. Which is more durable and will last longer? I'd either do brown CXL or Espresso Cordovan. Also, what are the positives and negatives of getting them lined v. unlined?   Espresso Shell Cordovan with tan lining and black camp moc sole:   Brown CXL with Tan lining and camp moc sole:
Those are not camp mocs. they are ranger mocs.
 Certainly this would be biased. I guess I was looking for enthusiasm regarding why Rancourt camp mocs are so much better than LLB camps mocs. Also, to those that asked why I think CXL is not as durable is because on my 3 months old pinch penny loafers the leather feels thinner and more pliable. After 1 week of wear I have very noticable creases and marks where my toe is which I do not have on my year old LLBean mocs.
 Navy. It breaks is/patinas much better than black will.
 Thanks for the help. Money isnt really an issue considering I have two pairs of Crockett and Jones and 3 pairs of AE. I was strictly looking for the difference between Rancourt and LLB camp mocs. I love the leather on my ranger mocs and pinch pennys, however, I fear the chromexcel leather is softer and wont wear as well as the LLB leather. You seem to disagree. I may order a pair just to see. Hopefully it'll be far and away better. Thanks for your help!
Can anyone compare the Rancourt camp mocs to the LL Bean camp mocs? I love my LL Bean camp mocs so much that I'm thinking about buying a pair Rancourts, however, I'm not sure if it is worth more than double the price. For reference I have the Ranger Mocs and the Pinch Penny loafers, both of which I really like.
 Yes, I found this originally at the Georgetown store but found out that both NYC stores have it also. I ordered it online from Countryattire though because it saved me about $100. This jacket is also made in Olive for a more classic look. Great jacket though.
 I'd suggest getting the new Argon. I posted a photo of me wearing mine a few posts back. It is both warmer and slimmer than the bedale. 
Just bought the new Argon jacket from the Polo line. Very similar to the bedale but slimmer fit and quilted lining rather than tradition tartan lining. I rewaxed it the day I bought it because I dont like how dry the sylkoil finish feels to me. Due to that, the jacket looks closer to black than navy. This is a navy jacket with a dark chocolate brown moleskin collar. The inside of the collar, which touches your neck, is made of corduroy. For your reference, this jacket is a...
 Pretty sure its the same collar.