or Connect

Posts by chogall

Didn't know SC or JF invented button boots.   p.s., why are people trying to dress for historical reenactment?
 The motive is for both top line growth and bottom line expansion.  Fast fashion and consumerization!  It can be easily observed on this forum.  "Hey, I like Edward Green shoes because they last forever!  So let me instakop 50 pairs of them from GTMO and Sales!!" Berluti also outsource their shoe manufacturing to Italy and maintained its brand reputation well.  Nike, UnderArmour, Lululemon, while not exactly luxury brands, all outsource to Taiwan, Vietnam, and China for...
Specifications issued by and quality control of the company is way more important than the country of manufacturing. Companies offshoring also need to spend significant amount of time for due diligence on their manufacturers. Unfortunately that's not usually the case and they usually pays a sourcing firm and emphasize on cost cutting. Thus the result of articles made in foreign countries being of lower quality standard. The truth is the companies placing orders...
Wait there are far lefts still in SF? Weren't them all driven and priced out by gentrification? Like, kick this Chinese out, rebuild that black neighborhood building, kick the Mexican out?
 What good is a shoemaker if he cannot make a pair of shoes exactly as the client requested and ordered?  What about the communication between client and maker?  What about fulfilling the discerning requests and demands coming from the clients?  All of the above are part of the service. For show or for status, it takes a great patron to identify, to select, and at the very least to sponsor the creation of a great shoemaker.
Those inline ads from the gaming companies and bonobos and the like are sure annoying. But nothing is worse than buzzfeed spam.
Buy-side spend according to their ad budget. Platforms stuff shit down the channel and sometimes have robo clicks to boost impressions. Sell-side always taint how good their platform is.When your boss breath down your neck asking for social media ad buying, you buy. Especially if you are one of those micro transaction or subscription companies.Facebook is just trying to increase usage so they could have more impressions to sell.IMO sponsored posts on forums, social media...
Quality includes aesthetics and service. Bespoke is a two way street.You are more than welcomed to inquire about prices yourself with the makers you have interests. The two big Parisian shops costs way above $6k to start and gives same last discounts for follow-on pairs in the $1k+ range.$6k worst case is probably pricing from several years ago.
Half a dozen bespoke will cost $45k+ from Paris, $36k+ from West End firms, $30k+ from Tokyo.As you've suggested, these are the finest shoe prices from the top makers. You could definitely find lower cost guys, but quality, including aesthetics and services, will fall short somewhere.Of course, 6 pairs of Vass will cost less than a pair of bespoke from UK, and will last a life time.
If you want a versatile and realistic shoe cabinet of the finest shoes in the world, prepare to spend way more than $30k...Sometimes I happily fell prey to discounted RTW shoes. And most often than not I struggle to order new shoes because I already have 20 pairs.Sometimes I dislike buying new shoes because it prevents me from wearing the old.