or Connect

Posts by chogall

White on white works. For the walking tampon look.
The best way to extend life of your shoes is to limiting their wear and tear. It could be achieved by 1) having a large collection of shoes, 2) having a sedate lifestyle, or 3) not wearing them. Anything else you could do is minor to the above three methods.
  The lasts looks the same, but it does seem like you had to size up quite a bit, maybe 1.5 sizes, just to fit into the narrow 001 last, resulting in prominent heel gap at the Arca derby.
 thx for the correction
 angled. horizontal Saint Crispins uses vertical.
 You can always hand sewn the welt to the gemming.  See this Guild of Crafts Tokyo video.  They charge JPY 38,880 for hidden channel beveled waist resole.  
Appears to be recorded at Kevin Seah's premise
Cobblers use their best judgement. Manufacturers don't give a damn and run the shoes through their assembly line.
 I was not talking about the pros and cons of HW or GY welting.  I was stating the fact that GY Welted manufacturers could turn down repair jobs based on different conditions of the shoes; i.e., if the upper is cracked, upper lining hole, insole hole, improperly repaired by other cobblers, etc.  And they won't know until they disassembled your shoes.  FYI, AE only recrafts their own shoes once or twice. Recrafting RTW shoes at the manufacturer usually costs 1/4 to 1/3 of...
Was never G&G. Was offered by Bespoke England.