or Connect

Posts by chogall

What happens to giving upstarts benefit of the doubts? On one hand you are saying there are upstart HW shoemakers in the US making good shoes at low prices, in the other hand you won't even give benefits of the doubt to upstart Japanese shoemakers.And what's easier for hand welting bespoke shoes? Getting insoles to block and carve holdfast, getting/finding machinery to adhere gemming, or buying off the shelf insole with gemming attached?I know for sure the latter two is...
Pain + Reflection = Progress. A few bad trades this year or I should still be positive for the year. Now I only outperform SPX by a few points.
Hard to tell for sure. He started his shop last year as well. There are a few shoemakers whom were briefly ex station workers/outworkers for big name UK/EU guys whom opened shop in Japan. Not sure if he's one of them. Quite a few complaints about those guys online too.
Are you a bespoke shoemakers who doesn't help your customers resole or repair their shoes because cobbler is a lowly job?How do hand sewn outsole or hand sewn welt differently done by cobbler and shoemakers aside from what they called themselves?And specifically in this example, what is wrong of his ability to rewelt a pair of RTW shoes?You don't have to like me. But don't bring your grumpy old wrath on the info I've correctly commented. For example, calling other...
Which part of doing shoe repairing work to supplement bespoke shoemaking income do you not understand?Or if any shoemaker takes shoe repairing work disqualify himself be called as a shoemaker?Your professional opinion, as a shoemaker, about other shoemakers is worth as much as the success of your former student/apprentice. That says how much you have done to further the craft.And now you are dissing other up and coming shoemakers from your ivory tower. Damn.Are you here to...
That's a lot of shit talking coming from a shoemaker/cobbler towards another shoemaker/cobbler.What's the point in descrediting other shoemakers? How does that benefit you?AFAIK, you been doing repair work in addition to making bespoke shoes. And this guy is doing the same thing...p.s, there are other renowned shoemakers in Japan that has separate cobbler shops that does hand sewn re-welting, hand carved feather or gemming
Nope. But seen the same pairs on Ascots shop.
I am guessing Ascot shoes went into factory shop and bought some large inventory after Bespoke England started the sales. Thus Nick is stuck and can't locate some of the shoes.
Why are you surprised?It's most likely a repair job where client requested a re-welt. I have video on my channel of other cobblers doing the same thing.Shoemakers have to earn money one way or the other. Providing repair service is one of them.Now I know manufacturers that does hand welting with gemming. Why? Because they can. And preparing feathered insole is much tougher work to fit into a production line than replacing GYW line with HW
It all depends on usage and quality of material. Shoes will last for a long long time if they are part of the "collection" that come out of the closet once in a while for photos shoots. Or they might last 20 years.Shoes will crack around vamp. That can be patched but cannot be fixed.The other weak spot is insole. Once a hole is worn through insole, shoes dead. You could put a sock liner over the crack and prolong the life a bit. But that's it. Few GYW makers offers insole...