or Connect

Posts by chogall

p.s., was short $AAPL since 110s, stopped out at 95s, reentered short into earnings around 105s.
 True.  My point was, there are empire builders and there are wolves; Musk is in the latter.  The empire builders takes are expansionary industrialists going for adjacent markets with what's already in the bags, i.e., Gates going from OS to productivity, Jobs going from PC to cell phones, Zuck buying Instagram (brilliant move btw, we had a discussion back in '12 about how FB protects its moat - billion dollar acquisitions).  The wolves pounce on opportunities in...
Musk is definitely way below the Chinese guys. But one thing in common: they all leveraged way up using OPM via debt financing with decade long prescience. TSLA disrupted auto market, LeTV killed it in media, BABA betting big in banking, etc, all started at least a decade before deregulation or eventuality. Robin Li is more empire builder like Gates, or say, Terry Gou or Morris Chang. Interesting how people complaint or praise about FB/GOOG type share structures for...
Munger dissed $VRX...
 Musk's business strategy/style is typical of the Chinese tycoons instead of the American legacies, i.e., high risk cross portfolio company financing deals risking personal capital or state subsidies in the process. Exactly the same as Jack Ma, Pony Ma, Jia Yueting, Zhao Weiguo, etc. More wolves than lions.  More hordes than empires. Zuck and Jobs are more empire building types that takes incremental risks.
9795 slightly wider in the front vs 8000/7000. 8000/7000 fits the same for me depending on upper pattern.
 If that's the case they need to trim the fat before the meal is cooked, not after...
 Not when you evaluate on the domestic deals they passed.  GOOG, FB, etc.  Most other domestic deals they've done is shit.  Oversea deals are all great.
 That tune has been sung for too many times.  Their fundamental problem is Marissa Meyer.