or Connect

Posts by chogall

I have the same (or similar) pair SC in storage, probably will be purged someday.
Your next suit ain't casual suits. Strand in Walnut is a good choice if you have light color pants. Otherwise stick with mid brown strands. Fifth avenue works too but really depends on the formality of your casual pants; it does not pair well with distressed worn chinos.
 FIFY
How dare you criticize the perfect Armoury NY folks? He must be saving those fabrics for the additional few inches of growth.
It looks like he glues an additional layer of leather and welt on it. Don't think he replaces the insole for the top one. For the bottom one it looks interesting; there's a lot of gap between upper nailed at the heel and the insole, and the cavity creates by the welt and the insole is quite pronounced with his technique of no carved holdfast. Maybe DWFII could shine some light on the issues.
How do you tell it's lightweight thread?It looks different than those usual heavy waxed and conditioned white threads I've seen in various pictures and videos.
To give the guy some credit he does make hand welted boots with modified lasts. Not the cleanest work I've seem but sufficient for work boots.
He hand welt on gemming, not create a new holdfast on a new insole.
Quote: Creepy Sartorial Pictures threak material right here.  Moose Toe Alert. 
 Insole?  Or you mean sock lining? Rubber cement or shoe goo will do.