or Connect

Posts by chogall

There are some renowned shoemakers that pegs/nails upper to the insole. How do you attach rand to heel seat if you don't inseam/welt all the way around? Nails? Pegs?
Interestingly enough both pix came from D Wegan Instagram. Not sure if he did it as a discovery practice or for actual customer delivery. Or it's from some out workers.I've also seen a Spanish maker doing both.Thus my curiosity.
Thanks! Reason I ask is that some makers use both methods when making shoes. So just wondering if there is any rationales behind their choices.The bottom one looks to have the same stitching/sewing pattern to 360" welting sans the welt/rand at the heels.
 Yes, I have a pair.  Less durable as there will be no protruding welt serving as bumper.  Also harder to make; not all outworkers/makers have experiences in making shoes that style.
What makes them taking so much time to complete?
AFAIK his price is "exclusive", comparable to the top French makers.
Shoemakers uses nails, pegs, or stitching to attach and secure upper to insole heels.  I know @DWFII advises against using nails as they rust. Some makers prefer pegging while some don't use pegs at all.    For stitching, I've seen two different methods. The latter of which is also used if makers decide to welt all the way around or to attach rand by stitching. Picture linked from DWegan Instagram as he makes one of the   What are the rationale in choosing between...
RTW lasts aren't designed for anyone specifically either.At that price it's good fun toy that can be worn and/or used for museum reference pieces.
Totally.  That's pretty much a throw away price.   They are in pretty good condition, upper condition decent, no fraying or drying/cracking around the top line/heel, still tons of life left for that double sole, not too much wear at the heels.  The separation between the double soles should be no problem for cobblers to do a quick fix.
Take it if they fits. Its John Lobb Paris bespoke.   Toes wear/tear aint a problem; can easily be solved with cleaning, conditioning, cream and lots of wax.  Patina.