or Connect

Posts by chogall

You've just missed an opportunity to sell rubber bands specially designed to retain shapes of tassels. ūüĎĺ
 You are assuming the last is flat at the bottom and cork cannot be compressed, neither of which is true.
 Its clear that you are believing in a sound hypothesis that has been rejected in real life.  No amount of reasoning can argue against a believe. So go ahead and believe that metal toe taps are noisy or metal toe taps destroys inseams.  In the meanwhile, I can wait for my welt to separate from the upper from the damaged/destroyed inseaming and walk without loud clicking noise.
 Nice postulation based on fear, scare, and your age, but again a disconnect with real life experience. Inseam getting damaged!!!  Inseam getting destroyed!!!   Now we just need someone to post a picture of toe welt separating from the upper due to the inseam damage done by flushed metal toe plates to complete your story...
Quote: Great postulation, but huge disconnect with what actually happens in real life.
 Thank you for demonstrate you misunderstanding of the construction of the shoes, where the screws is NOT going to hit the inseam when properly mounted.  And, also, fillers are deposited to be thicker than the insteam for gemmed shoes.  For hand welted shoes, I cannot say for certain because not all shoemakers make shoe the same way. Everything can potentially go wrong but doesnt mean it will.
 BTW, Stefano Bemer (the shop, not the dead shoemaker) uses pure alcohol as cleaning agent and regular shoe cream for conditioning.  I would trust them over pseudo professional marketing of Saphir resellers in the US.
Oh, and by the way, initials/brass nailed outsole at the waist does penetrate into the insole, according to an SC dissection.   No, I will not provide pictures since scientific evidence is little appreciated in this thread/forum.   Or in the words of @emptym with his economist reasoning, on one hand something is true and on the other hand the exact opposite is also true.
@DWFII   Regarding yield (tensil) strength, measured in Mega Pascal/meter (MPa):   Stainless steel ~ 520 MPa Pine wood ~ 40 MPa Rubber ~ 15 MPa Leather ~ 33lb/inch = 589kg/meter = 0.00058931 MPa   In conclusion, leather is at 5 degrees of magnitude weaker than rubber and 6 degrees magnitude weaker than stainless steel.  In other words, leather is extremely inferior material for toe taps compare to rubber or stainless steel.  And it is extremely prone to...
@DWFII   Here's some basic arithmetic that rejects your claim/hypothesis of screws destroying inseams.   Given: High grade outsoles from Barkers or JR are usually ~5mm thick after finishing.  Flushed metal toe taps are 1.5mm thick and the screws/nails are usually 1/4" or 6.35mm long.  Gemming is usally 5mm thick for GY welted manufacturers.  Low grade cork sheet is usually 1/16" thick or 1.5875mm.  Low grade felt sheets are usually 1mm or 1/16" (1.5875mm) thick.   By...