or Connect

Posts by jk2317

I should have included lasts...
At Saks today... in the 7 to 9 range (which is where I looked) they had: * Tan suede cap toes (I bought the UK 8.5 E - still several similar sizes left)* Black leather balmoral wingtips (Malvern?) in 8.5 E (would have bought them if I didn't already own them)* SEVERAL sizes of a brown medallion toe version of this: http://robbreport.com/sites/default/files/styles/8col/public/images/articles/2013/02/146719.jpg?itok=w7IWJGIf (I'm not sure what to call that hybrid...
Hey guys,   Can you help me understand what's going on here?  I have a few pairs of EG shoes - most on the 888 last, a 184, and a 202.  Lately I've decided I like the 202 for most things.  On all three lasts, I wear 8.5/9 and have been happy with a D width.   Recently, I bought a pair of boots from eBay which were 8.5/9 E on the 202.  I thought the extra width would be ok for boots, plus some of my 888s are an E width and that's no problem.   Anyway, I tried the...
  Thanks - actually those were only about 13 months old when they went in for re-sole.  They are the shoes I am hardest on, though.  I'd say I averaged 2 wears per week over that year+, and I'm not above a 5 mile walk through Manhattan in them on a nice day.  I don't baby any of my shoes (but I do give them the best care available).
Hi folks,   I picked up this Loro Piana casual jacket recently, and it has some features inside it I don't understand.   The fastening device at the top, just below the collar, is a suede strip that can pass through a loop on the opposite side of the jacket and be buttoned down into place, holding the top of the jacket closed around the collar.  Ok, makes perfect sense.  Like so:       But there are three more of these loops inside the jacket.  I can't...
  Oh man ... bluchers on double soles?  I've got Dovers like that.  What a thing, breaking those in...  Hang in there, pal.  It's like the gays say nowadays: It gets better.
Brooks Brothers preferred customer 25% off is going on, and there's finally bad news:     Oh well, I'll always remember the days of picking up Dovers for 40% off.  Looks like they have raised the regular prices on all of them, as well. 
Thank you PhiloVance!  I just picked up the "Brooksville" EG longwing in Chestnut for $566+tax.  Merry Christmas to me!   When I was there just now, I saw (if I recall correctly) four models on sale (40% + 30% off).  Forgive me for not knowing model names.  I believe all of them were on the 888.   * Black monkstraps * Chestnut Brooksville longwing * Dark brown blucher with toe medallion but no cap (would have picked this up if it was in my size!) * Light...
Thanks -- would you please detail the "another 30% discount?"  Is there a coupon floating out there that I might come across?  I get the RL mailings but don't recall seeing that lately.