or Connect

Posts by soothsayer

The consensus seems to be mink oil is not too good for the type of leather you find on the DB. Leaves a sticky residue that many find hard to get off. Personally I prefer and recommend Obenauf's leather oil (for moisturizing) and LP (for water protection). Looks like you can get them for under $10 bucks each on...
pre-vacation bump. got offers on some stuff but everything is still available. send me any offers via pm, thanks!
  Looks like a bullshit site dude. $50 is way too cheap even for used shoes lol. Check out this site, cause you've probably been scammed   http://www.scambook.com/company/view/26710/Shop-Cora.com
weekend bump.
  hey guys, got some stuff I'm ready to sell off. i only ship within the continental states, unless you're willing to foot the bill. everything is assumed +4% paypal fees. i do pickups in nyc. please be advised: items in pictures may be crispier than they appear. $old!!! first up is a vintage (70's) brooks perfecto. thrifted this before the summer for $50, and just got it moisturized + redyed for like $110. i'd keep it but its just too tight for...
    Be forewarned, Obenauf's Leather Oil actually DOES darken the leather substantially. It will darken by several shades at first (when fully moisturized) then lighten over time as the leather dries. I find the oil softens the leather quite a bit however and from my experience has been a big help in breaking in the (at first) rigid boots.