or Connect

Posts by dopethrone

Urfaust is fantastic.  I'm going to catch them at the Rites of Darkness festival in San Antonio, and they're one of my most anticipated bands, along with Sargeist.   There's rumblings of a Kvelertak headlining tour coming up fairly soon...    
I graduate from Georgia Tech in December of 2010.  Still trying to decide where I'd like to go for grad school.
Thanks for the MTM recommendation.  I took a brief look around, and it's great!  Everything falls within my pricerange and it's all so customizable.  Definitely going to take advantage of the new customer offer.
    Well, specifically at this point, I'm interested in casual. That's a pretty vague term, but like a few other people mentioned, much of it is trial + error!  So, specifically I'd be looking for clothes to wear out around the town that wouldn't necessarily make a 23 year old seem too overdressed.  Really, I only have clothes shopping experience in places like some of the shops in Little 5 Points or some of the department stores at Cumberland Mall.  As much as I'd like...
I think a lot of has to do with the fact that they had a pretty drastic change in styles along the way.  They used to have a pretty big following in hardcore, but around the time they signed to Matador/released The Chemistry of Common life, they started losing some of the hardcore crowd and gaining some indie fans.  Of course they still dip into both circles, but they're not really universally praised by any one scene anymore.
Great!  This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.  I appreciate your input very much.   Gdot, it mentions that your location is Atlanta.  Do you have any recommendations on places to shop, or even a tailor?  Many of the reviews for tailors on Yelp are mixed and I'd prefer to minimize my losses when I get to that point.  
Cold Cave Execration Mitochondrion Disma In Solitude Autopsy
Heh, yeah, that's been a great resource.  I feel like I have a pretty decent eye now after reading various blogs for the past 2 months, but it's actually the going out there and buying part that is tricky to me.  Yeah, can buy one or two nice shirts, but at the end of the day, they won't look that good when I'm wearing them with my Levi 511's.  Unfortunately, at this time it's not really financially possible for me to re-do my entire wardrobe all at once.     I'm...
To make a long story short, it finally dawned upon me that if I expect to be treated like an adult and respected like an adult now that most of my time is dedicated to the workforce, I cannot expect to dress like I did when I was 18.  No more t-shirts and jeans all the time.  The internet's been very helpful with these things, but it's still a bit overwhelming, and Atlanta's not exactly known for being the best looking city.  People looked much better when I was in NYC...