or Connect

Posts by dstoabs

New starter, understand machines, haven't been in the gym in years, weak lower back, will be going by yourself... I know you said you would like to work with free weights, but without a partner that can be hard. If you're new, it might be difficult or intimidating for you to work in with other guys so that they can spot you. With a weak lower back, you're going to need to start light on squats and similar exercises. I suggest still using machines a lot while you slowly...
TrH, I really appreciate your comments. You're such a classy guy...   To clarify, the 500 calorie per day, all liquid protein shake version of the PSMF diet is normally for people with a BMI of 30 or greater. You take in a lot of protein to maintain muscle mass, take vitamin and mineral supplements to maintain nutrition, and you should make a weekly 30 minute clinic visit to ensure you're not having any complications. With a caloric deficit of over 2000 cal per day,...
"Lyle McDonald’s Rapid Fat Loss is a solid food, very low calorie diet consisting of lean proteins, a small amount of fat and carbohydrate, a more or less unlimited amount of no calorie vegetables (and other zero-calorie foods), and some basic supplements. On average, caloric intakes will come out to be about 600-800 calories/day. The diet doesn’t rely on liquid protein shakes, but instead on low calorie solid food meals.  The effectiveness of this diet cannot be...
I've been on a full PSMF diet and had great success with it. I did a PSMF diet that consisted of only five 100 calorie liquid protein shakes a day, vitamin and mineral supplements, and weekly medical clinic office visits. I lost 45 lbs in 8 weeks and had a very good overall experience on the diet (went from a BMI of 36 to a BMI of 29). I had body fat measurements taken before and after the diet showing that, by far, the weight lost was mostly fat, not muscle. I have been...