or Connect

Posts by slide13

hmm...wondering if some of those pics are actually of the denim workshirt? That will have a lighter colored inside, being denim. Oxford should be the same on the inside as the outside.
When Canvas started out it showed some promise of competing with J Crew and the like. They had some nice items at much better prices ($40 for a decent chambray) and it looked like if they went in the right direction with it in seasons to come they could really have stood on their own. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. First they tried to price themselves like J Crew and that didn't work...so then they dropped both price and quality it seems like. In the process it...
Hmmm....a navy duck fatigue....interesting. Any other fabrics/colors for this pant this season?
wow...that's pricey for that shirt, considering the Gitman version was $215. Still, cool shirt though. Other than denim, my wardrobe is moving closer and closer to being almost exclusively EG, especially with the recent addition of some Workaday oxfords.
What the hell just happened? Gary provided a perfectly nice and informative response to your question. WTF is your problem???
It sounds like the new fatigues are slimmer than Workadays but not exactly slim. I'd venture a guess in between the Workaday and the slim ones from SS.
I've had Alden cordovan and I wasn't a huge fan honestly. I prefer regular leather, I like the way it ages more and I find it more comfortable as well. But, I realize I'm in the minority with that oppinion! I've been wanting those Tricker wing tip/cap toe combos since I visited NYC in fall of 2011....I should probably buy some already.
Those brown duck canvas fatigues are nice looking! Wouldn't mind having those...nice alternative to the green since my parka from FW11 is green which means I can't wear it with at least 1/2 of my EG pants collection.
Price was $600 when I inquired back in March. Trickers are always expensive from US retailers. And cordovan is overrated anyway.Also, the prices was quoted for the cap toe/wingtip version...not the exact one shown above. Guessing they're the same, but could be different.
Also want to thank Timpo for taking the time to gather and post these pics for us all to drool over...always look forward to these photo dumps each season, really the only way I get a good idea of all that is available.