or Connect

Posts by slide13

^ I just did the same thing. I suffered through the last two winters without a truly warm winter coat and it can suck sometimes. It was about 6* this morning with wind chill well below 0*. Ordered a Chateau just a few minutes ago. As far as truly warm down jackets go, I think CG are some of the cleanest looking ones at least.
Does anybody else love the 8146? I recently picked up a pair at Context and am shocked at how much I like them. I bought them for inexpensive winter boots, needed something with a good lugged sole to get around in this Wisconsin weather. But...they've quickly become my go-to boots and they were the only boots I took with me for my week long trip to NYC (and I did a lot of walking). I have Alden Roy boots and White's semi-dress...both of which are amazing boots and...
It looks like an Oxford and I've never had any shrinkage from Gitman oxfords or chambrays. Can't speak to other fabrics. I only wash cold and hang dry and would recommend the same.
Looks like a good fit to me. Large?
Looks like a very earthy color pallette, i like it.
Thanks for the details! 24oz melton wool Baker sounds awesome! That is some heavy wool.
Nice fit Gary, that looks fantastic! What are the shoes/boots? Can't tell but they look a bit like Russell's. They are a great match for those pants.
I bought the black duck canvas fatigues this year and it's my first time with black pants. Took some adjustment but I do like them and they work great with blue. I tend to wear them with an EG chambray or, my favorite, a dark navy overdyed Gitman Oxford. Like you I was unsure about navy and black, but it works great.I don't own black shoes either and just wear them with brown...I tend to like brown and black together so it works for me, damn the rules.
NS ones are nice but I wish they had all eyelets like the ones Frans Boone did, also think the brass eyelets are a nice touch. Similar take on the Indy from both, just think the FB ones are a little nicer but unfortunately they're also not in the US.
Good call because, based on those measurements, that would fit me just fine and I have 50lbs and 3" on you. Hmm....tempting actually....ha! Nah, can't spend the money, but I would love to have one of those, really a clean looking jacket.