or Connect

Posts by slide13

MOK - never would have believed the matching pants, vest, and jacket would work well in that olive ripstop....but I love it!
Recently discovered bolt-action pens and they are fantastic to play with while doing monotonous office tasks. I've been using a fountain pen for years (Pelikan M215) but have just started using these TiBolt and Maxmadco bolt-action pens just recently. There are some decent writing Parker style refills out there and the bolt-action is just a great thing to fiddle with during the day.
It's a workshirt....what were you expecting? They use pearl buttons on other shirts like the 19th century model if it's really that important to you. The white plastic buttons on their work shirts are really part of the overall style of that shirt, as is the bottom button being red or clear (which pretty much requires plastic buttons). I would be horribly disappointed if they ever used anything else on the work shirts.
This all works really nicely together and it's a great example of achieving the EG aesthetic without breaking the bank. I saw this and was trying to figure out what EG pants those were before reading what you wrote...they definitely look the part.
What all is on sale...EG? Workaday?
Love that little peak of SS15....looks like it could be a fun collecton, look forward to seeing more. Love that pants and shirt combo.
Hmm, image 24...is that the new parka? I like what I can see of it so far. edit: hadn't gotten to the end...looks like it is. Cotton/linen coated canvas....linen seems an odd choice for a FW piece, but it looks nice.
I'm in agreement that the Needles lookbook is pretty great. EG spring/summer lately has been a pretty fun and playful take on things, which is cool, I admire a lot of the clothes and looks but they just aren't my thing. Their fall/winter lines are almost always more in fitting with my personal style and I tend to do most of my shopping then. Really, only thing I've loved from this season so far is the herringbone workshirt which has a really nice feel and weight to the...
Best Buys: Alden x Context Roy boots Red Wing 8146 boots (these were the biggest surprise, bought them for winter beaters and turns out I just love them) Needles denim workshirt (wear this pretty much all weekend every weekend since I picked it up from Nepenthes when I was in NYC over Thanksgiving, current favorite shirt) I didn't really have many bad buys, I didn't buy a whole lot this past year and most of what I did buy has worked out pretty well. I'm sure there...
You should post this in the Alden thread, it doesn't need it's own thread. But to answer your question, yes, they are worth it. I have a pair and they are great boots. The crepe sole makes them particularly comfortable to walk in.