or Connect

Posts by Lafont

That's one item I thought I might purchase in Paris in 2009. I didn't go in any good hatters, but I do recall finally seeing some men's berets in one of the famous department stores, but they were plain and uninteresting (and not on sale), so I didn't pursue them. Actually, the only berets I really saw in abundance were souvenir hats. When we were at the airport to fly back to the U.S. I realized I really didn't have a gift for my son so I purchased one of these berets...
Thanks, though this jacket fits me better than a 41, I'd say. I might more typically wear a 38 or 40, I think. At least in an outdoors coat.
I acquired, recently, a pre-owned Arnys beret - in excellent condition. It is a tan composed of very subtle stripes in the wool fabric, and orange and dark brown stripes forming a plaid. The inside lining is probably wool also, and it is stitched into a thin grossgrain band of what could be silk. Of course the label reads the required "Arnys Paris," with the mandatory male silhouette. Have any of you seen an Arnys beret? They seem to be rare. Am I the only one or...
Are you saying it's a European size? If so, what is the American equivalent?
All leather in excellent condition. Just strips of nice, smooth, dark brown leather. You didn't expect me and anyone else to know what "OTR 52" is, did you? Please explain.
Correction: a second store in Greater Cleveland sells some Pendleton's, but not much - Geiger's.
I just acquired at a church resale shop a plaid Luciano Barbera sportcoat marked $25. I'd say it's a glen plaid with a hint of blue with the black, gray, and white stripes. I think the fit is perfect and the condition is beautiful. It has the leather "Luciano Barbera" tag, leather loop for a hook, and leather trim for the several inside pockets - one with the "v" fabric, with button, hanging down. Interior edges are also lined with leather. The material tag is marked...
I went around with an Aquascutum house check baseball cap and a matching, light-weight, reversible jacket (some would call it a "harrington") and got lots and lots of comments - particularly when I wore the jacket on the check side. I had gotten the cap new in Shopsy's - the store in Toronto that specializes in British attire - in 2008 and a few years later ordered the pre-owned jacket on eBay (it actually had been owned by someone in the Ukraine). Recently the...
For complete historical accuracy, please: I'm attending a historical event in an 1897 mansion where the owner will speak on a locally famous, unsolved murder of 1910. Our invitation says coming in costume and/or wearing a hat is encouraged. I'm going 1910 style - semi formal, I'd say - and wearing my black homburg. My question is, may the hat sport a feather, or not? Which is more appropriate? Did men wear homburgs with feathers in 1910? If only at certain kinds of...
jingerBread - I lost your initial question regarding readers, and am not really answering it, but I assume you mean a reader as purchased in a pharmacy that is not responding to a doctor's prescription. That was an easy one.... Someone stated he or she didn't understand what you are seeking.