or Connect

Posts by Lafont

How do you guys feel about wearing a long-sleeved polo shirt under a sweater - either pullover or cardigan? If one wears the shirt with a pullover, and some of the shirt collar is showing, should all the buttons, of the typically three, be buttoned? How about a regular cloth shirt under the pullover without a button-down collar? I think button-down collar looks best under a pullover, and a really wide spread collar, whereas the points are buried well within the collar of...
Okay - Saw it.
MikeDT: I don't see it.
nohit - Dog is probably a Scottish breed. The story is the great uncle who purchased the painting had a Scottish wife and the dog in the painting reminded her of her background. The breed it looks most like to me is the West Highland Terrier. The painting dates from 1881.
The vase is one of my prize possessions, which I always admired as a child when my grandparents had it on a buffet. That's the one thing I could have done before taking the photo - polish the silver (however, the patina on unpolished silver can also be attractive). Loetz (sometimes spelled with an "e" at the end or with an umlaut) was an Austrian company that competed with Tiffany at the turn of the century in items such as this. There's always a large number of Loetz on...
I sure look up plenty of people....
Everything was carefully studied; I can say that.
I got the more dignified navy one for my wife, who has recuperated from her long illness and wore the visor recently. Last year I had posted here I was replacing the one I got her at The Ritz' gift shop in Paris after she lost the first one, and I was asking about the extremely high shipping charge The Ritz was requesting. Now, perhaps we could stay more on topic?
My son took this photo of me recently for my Facebook Profile. Sportcoat Ermenegildo Zegna, shirt Brooks Brothers, tie Charvet (purchased at Charvet, Paris), eyewear Lunor (Classic Rund in AS - the "Steve Jobs frame") , oil painting "The Vagabonds" by Constant Mayer (1832-1911), vase Loetz, fireplace screen vintage. Comments? 
So Queen Elizabeth II gets her eyewear from Roger Pope and Partners - the London optician. Does anyone know which designer/maker her recent frames are? From the small percentage of photos I've seen her wearing glasses I note last year she wore a rimless frame, but this year I see her in a metal or plastic frame again.