or Connect

Posts by WSRH

Thank goodnessIt was finally resolved Monday of this past week. With enough pressure, Farnes did produce a final product. However the suits didn't fit at all--I was swimming in them. I ended up showing them to an established tailor from a reputable shop on Savile Row, and he improved on them as best he could. While not perfect, at least I was able to salvage them. They are quite nice.But for the same price, I could have gotten two suits at another Savile Row shop--a better...
Guys... I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. One day I get him on the phone, next day phone is switched off and he's not responding to emails. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but at this point it's hard not to think in terms of worst case scenarios.
Dear All, After calling and calling, I finally got Matthew on the phone. He apologized and said he is tied up, but will send everything out next week. I hope he keeps his promise. I'll put up an update on the forum next week.   Thank you again for your support!
Thanks Dave.If you can imagine I've already paid a deposit of 50% for this order, so it would be a huge loss of money if I can't find him. It would also be a huge loss for Matthew... These kinds of experiences do wonders for the bespoke trade's reputation...
Hi, I am in exactly the same situation as you. I actually just sounded the alarm on another post in this forum.I am also based in NYC. Please let me know if you would like to discuss further. Perhaps Together we can solve this mystery.
Thank you, Andrey! I appreciate any help you can provide.
Dear all, My situation has changed. I am supposed to meet with Matthew in New York this month to receive some completed suits, and for a fitting on an overcoat. However, he has fallen off the radar and isn't returning calls or emails. Andrey, or anyone else who may be able to help, please let me know if you have any information that can help me get in touch with him and find out what's going on. Thank you all in advance for your support! A
Happy to share with everyone that I recently had my third fitting with Mr Farnes in New York during his client visit and it went really well. Everything has really taken a nice shape, and now I'm just waiting for the finished product!