or Connect

Posts by astro1001

No, not expressly at least. General consensus in these pages seems to be that the groomsmen needn't (and indeed shouldn't) match as Ken dolls adorned with the chosen accessories of the bride. Instead the groom and his men should endeavor to dress as individuals, albeit within the sartorial confines of solemn tradition and befitting the occasion. I agree with this, at least in principle. The only problem is I have only been able to find about four different patterns of...
Yeah I hear you. I rather like Kent's stuff. The issue is the cumulative impact on my wallet of not only the tie, but also the cuff links I'm going to be doling out to these guys.
On the Subject of Wedding Ties   I'm looking to piece together a collection of wedding ties, one for me, one for each of my groomsmen, and one each for the father of the bride and my father. In pursuit of this end I have a couple of questions I could use some direction in answering...   1) What options for wedding ties (if any) exist in the chasm between Kent Wang/Drake's and TheTiebar.com? Specifically I'm looking for something in the $50/tie...
That's Bombay Company - http://www.bombay.ca/product.php?productid=16192&cat=339&page=1. They have a number of other suitable alternatives as well.
Okay so I found a website with the history of the ACWA Union tag in the coat which would place the coat between 1962 and 1976. It looks like a quality piece but I'm really no expert (hence my posting here). So, can anyone provide additional insight, maybe an educated guess as to the company (or companies) they might have produced for in those years?
I'm considering this overcoat (at a lower price) and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the quality and perhaps even insight into the maker (the seller said there are no brand identifying marks). Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
I'm considering this overcoat (at a lower price) and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the quality and perhaps even insight into the maker (the seller said there are no brand identifying marks). Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
I typically start by asking myself what, if anything, would look better than a classic penny, say AE Waldens or Bass Larson (both burgundy). If you're looking for something a little more casual, it's hard to beat Wallabees in Beeswax. 
I'm looking at this overcoat on Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130586210294&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123#ht_5801wt_1163.   My question is does anybody have any info on this particular coat and perhaps some thoughts on it as a bargain at this price point (the tie would be used exclusively as a pot holder)?   Thanks.
I'm looking at some BB Peal &Co. (C&J) brown captoe brogue oxfords on Ebay. They are listed at 7E US (6UK). Generally I wear about a 7.5D US (AE Strands, Park Ave., etc.); however, the measurements provided on the auction though suggest these might work. Would someone please advise on the fit for this last and if they might work? Thanks in advance.   Details: Manufacturer:  Crockett & Jones Last:  240 Made in England US 7E/UK 6.5F Length:  11...