or Connect

Posts by Hayward

Yes...
Next season, Don goes to San Francisco after taking an offer from BBDO to start up their office there. He hires Paul Williams to sing the cover of a Carpenters song for a bank commercial. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=TVGmdwHTP1I&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTVGmdwHTP1I
Here, buy this to use the next time you use your glass toilet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jenny-Holzer-Truism-Wood-Postcard-/151071167020?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item232c8b122c
I meant to type "stabbed in the eyes". Also Kai does not make "Samurai Swords." They may make Iai swords, but those have solid blades made from zinc alloy.
This copy is idiotic and straight out of an 80s Sharper Image catalog. "Ripple-like marks"?! Presumably they are ridges formed by the different layers of metal.Whoever wrote that copy should be stabbed in the yes with those Jenny Holzer pencils you get at MOMA.
Lots of handmade Japanese and other utility blades made from laminated steel out there. They're pretty different from the folded steel used in Japanese swords. A sword will have more layers and often more different grades of steel with differing level of hardness. Plus the geometry is entirely different. You can't just "re-sharpen" a Japanese sword, you have to repolish the entire sides of the blade, often changing its shape permanently. That would be horribly impractical...
This inspires me to ask two truly dumb questions. 1. Is it possible to make a mechanical perpetual calendar movement that features a date window? 2. Is it possible to make a mechanical chronograph where the center seconds chronograph hand also functions as the ordinary sweep hand?
I agree it's fatuous, but its seems more like a misapplication of craft rather than simple bling per se. The equivalent of candied swan shit. Perhaps it's meant for Audi drivers?
Huh? If its as you describe it's even more over the top than I thought it was but I've never heard of such a thing. The thin part should be the in the middle, being the brittle but sharp steel, protected from stress by the softer laminated sides, which I would presume blends into the ricasso. But yes, too much for a steak knife. Carving knife, maybe.
Neither faux nor strictly ornament, the steak knife looks like its made from laminated steel. However it's a bit much for flatware.