or Connect

Posts by Hayward

Naive Cynicism -> more corruption -> more Naive Cynicism.
Gawd. It's frothery like that that makes me want to sell all my watches and just wear my SBCM023 forever.
Nailed it. Architects have fiduciary responsibility in their works up to and including life safety issues, so it's logical that there be licensing. It sounds here however like they're treating the word "architect" as some sort of trade or service mark, which it shouldn't be.
You know, if I were doing this all over again, I would simply do more research and find another original design that meet your specs. Example: http://www.bludot.com/modern-living-room-furniture/lounge-chairs/toro-modern-lounge-chairs.html Sure, it's inspired by the Rodrigues Kilin, Hardoy and other Latin American sling chairs, but it would work in your situation, and costs $1100.
I think I figured out what I really want: A Sea Dweller GMT. Add the orange hand from the Explorer II, replace the numbers on the bezel with 24 hour time equivalents (4,8,12, 16, etc) and make it bidirectional. For me that would be the perfect watch.
I assume all of you are wearing your Speedies today... http://boingboing.net/2014/07/20/remembering-the-apollo-11-moon.html
I was able to get a pair of MTO whiskey DF Caftsmans - been meaning to ask about Turnouts
 This is one reason I mention the Tetra. It's the only Nomos with a balanced subdial in my opinion. If you want the round Nomos' I would go either for the 35mm versions or the date models. They way they add the date function to the movement is interesting in any case - it's a ring that goes around the outer edge of the movement, so as to not add thickness. 
It's probably more of a tradeoff between recraftability and comfort for certain folks. I suspect there's no rational reason for RMW to continue the Comfort line given the DF line, except for customer preference.    I do like my DFs.
One big issue here is that marketers associate different typefaces with different brand features or product lines. So as irritating as it is for many there will end up being multiple fonts on a watch dial.