or Connect

Posts by Hayward

I once had an unfortunate colleague who was afflicted with this sort of thing. His daily costume consisted of bow tie, clip on suspenders, a striped short sleeve shirt, and a pair of cotton trousers. The tie, suspenders, the stripes on the shirt, and the trousers always matched in color. He had several variations of this outfit, in different colors. One day he would wear bright blue, the next day bright red, etc. They always seem to be elemental colors of some kind....
Ah hell. I forgot the Tom of Finland pics...
Choosing btw the white and black Ex2 dials is hard. On one hand, the white dial makes it look huge. On the other hand the white gold plots and hands on the black one just look wrong to me. I'd like to see the floating hands accent on the white version or blued (or unframed) plots and matte or white hands on the black one.
Supreme Gold TWAT Commander!
 Fair enough. So why DON'T you dig for stuff to post here? Isn't that the whole point of the thread?
I think the usual advice - buy the seller, not the watch - applies to both eBay and forums. Had about the same rate of success both places. 
A porous white gold case to vitiate the need for a helium valve! Genius! Rolex finally makes a gas diver without a valve, catching up with Seiko...  
When lefty posted the video about the Sonoma compound for whatever reason I thought of 115 TelHi Boulevard - a lot right on the access road to Coit Tower near the top of Telegraph Hill that has remained unbuilt for years.    Turns out somebody is building on it, got the project approved, and it looks pretty good. Hopefully the THD crones all die of a massive stroke when it's...