or Connect

Posts by allman brotha

Also S&T of:   A Continuous Lean   Stores for men or women with limestone floors, any size video screens in said stores showing runway looks, and the "hang two of everything, two inches apart on brushed steel rods" visual merchandising strategy. OLD and tired and needs to go away!    Loro Piana's new store on Madison Avenue and it's obscene "precious-ness"   The saturation of jewelry stores on Madison Avenue between 63rd and 68th Streets   Men who...
Large scarves wrapped around men's necks to the extent they look like neck braces.    Trouser cuffs wider than 1 3/4"   EVERYTHING inside of Paul Stuart, beginning with the brain-dead ownership and its flying monkey management staff; Mitchell Family: please make Ostrove an offer he can't refuse and infuse the place with some 21st Century thought. (If you've not worked here, shut up, because you don't know what you're talking about or meet me off board and I'll...
someone on this site once said buttoning a dress shirt from bottom to top is better because the shirt lasts longer that way. Can't find the thread now.    Any validity to this?   Also....one time on 'All in the Family' Archie and Meathead were arguing about shoes and socks. Archie said men put on sock/sock, shoe/shoe, but Meathead said sock/shoe, sock/shoe because if there is a fire and you have to go outside, you can hop on the foot with sock/shoe and stay dry,...
Luciano Barbera is so smooth it kills me. This photo is great....that face! I cannot write what's on my mind here...I have neither the Style Forum cred nor the balls to. It's all good, and certainly meant in good spirits, and those in the men's world who know me would say it's just me being me, but I'll pass. Anyway...I may print this, have it made into a velvet portrait and frame it in a gold antique frame much like those you'd see in a Dolce & Gabbana store in Milan,...
This is hilarious. Best way to wear one (or more than one) is not to wear any. The best bracelet for a man, besides a classic watch, is flesh. Don't do it.    I'll come back here in a year or two to see what all the guys are doing for waxing their pubes, what the newest sundress for men will be, and to see how much further our gender has devolved into womanhood when it comes to "fashion."     The best trick the devil ever played was not convincing everyone he...
I've been there. It's smaller than DeCorato. All product is same as everywhere else: all gray, blue and oatmeal colored. Maybe you've seen it at Loro Piana, Brunello Cucinelli, or Bergdorf Goodman or J. Crew: little precious trim-fitting quilted jackets with cashmere lined collars, cashmere v-necks in solid colors most often found on the floors of forrests, trim moleskin trousers, blue nylon windbreakers, trim worsted suits in blue and gray, striped ties, and tons of...
I only wear suits from wool shorn from the sheep that were on Noah's Ark. The wool which comes from their fleece is washed, combed and colored by the Twelve Apostles. Mary (mother of Jesus Christ) cuts it in a manger, and God sews it all together, by His mighty hand. Jesus Christ presses the garment and The Vatican ships it to me. If I have a problem, I call Mother Teresa in client services.    Other than the garment described above, available by appointment only,...
Hi Everyone    Another one of those MTM outfits has surfaced here in NYC calling itself Sartoria Ambrosiana. They say their from Naples, but are making clothes now in NYC with imported Neapolitan tailors? Or something like that.    A casual work acquaintance showed me some shirts they made him (in a shopping bag, recently picked up and at his office) and they did look pretty sweet...and now I hear they are making clothing as well as shirts.    If anyone can...
Hello   I'm a long time reader, and a first time poster. I need help. I was told about a store in Europe (for some reason, I think it was Brussels, or Belgium...something with a "B") that sells only men's socks of the best quality. The store was described as small, with a line of men outside each morning. It sells only the best men's socks available, in all colors, weaves, lengths, etc etc....anyone know what this store is called, where it is?    And does anyone...