or Connect

Posts by Calder

Thanks for the advice everyone.   I was thinking of buying a waistcoat if I went with a single breasted jacket anyway (as well as a spare pair of suit trousers regardless of jacketing), because if I'm spending out on a bespoke suit I'd rather go the whole way on it & have the most utility and longevity. The waistcoat does definitely fall into the field of "trademark style" though, moreso than a DB jacket. But on the other hand, I have no problem with a three piece as...
Hi everyone.   I'm looking into having my first bespoke suit made. I am in need of a suit which will work well for a specific purpose, so I'm looking for advice into the what features SF would recommend, and which tailor SF would recommend.     The purpose of the suit will be to be worn for video, TV and large conferences where video display of the stage is the norm.   From an earlier thread, I know that I want to have a generally plain, matte fabric. Small...
I'd have thought that square would just fade into either of those. I'd go with something paler. Lilac (bit too matchy with the shirt, maybe), cream, or pale pink.
What Jacket are you wearing with that?

I would add:   If you air or train travel for business a lot, a pair of (metal-less) plain loafers will make your feet happy, make security happy and look acceptable if you are being met off the plane.   The mid brown closed lace brogue is the most pointless shoe in existence. Don't buy them.   Everyone should have a pair of plain black, stitch cap, closed lace shoes (aka Balmoral/Oxford). You never know when you will have an important meeting, job interview...
  I have a particular dislike for mid-brown closed lace brogues. Why? Pointless, pointless shoes.
I find it hard to believe that there are many workplaces where anyone - other than an SFer - would notice the difference. Certainly in my workplace management wear brown brogues to the office all too often.   That said, I agree with the above points that wholecut shoes look bland. The only plain toe shoes I have in black are monks, which gives a different visual element to itself.
Could be true... but I have friends I know would be more than willing to point out any such flaws ;)
It seems to be shoes that draw comments the most.   That said, not often comments, but just a glance in the street as someone looks at you a bit longer because the outfit just works...