or Connect

Posts by eightace

Howdy neighbour!
+1
I don't know how much experience you guys have had with using Saphir Renomat, but I bought some recently and gave a couple of pairs of shoes several doses of it over a couple of days. It does an amazing job of stripping away all the old polish from the leather (and it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it stripped away your fingerprints - I used rubber gloves while applying it).    I then used Renovateur and left it on overnight, brushed it off this afternoon and my...
I have one from http://www.barmahhats.com.au/panama.asp, it's excellent. There's a link on the website indicating retail outlets.
Thanks very much Smeggett.   Thanks Gerry. These particular Cheaneys were one of their subs/seconds range, and if you were to get on your knees and bend down and peer behind the buckle on the left shoe, you would in fact notice a couple of blemishes on the upper. Other than that, I can find nothing wrong with them. They are certainly well constructed, with a lovely leather glove-like lining, great value at 699MYR. In fact, I was never a fan of monkstraps before I put...
Purchased during a stopover at P.Lal last Saturday:     Crockett & Jones Connaught         Monkstraps by Cheaney.
With my card there is no fee, but the DCC exchange rate is worse than you would get using Visa/Mastercard's exchange rate, and from my belated research, I believe this is always the case. And if I understand correctly, the merchant selects the rate. So, my advice is, when you're buying something OS on your card, make sure you tell them not to use DCC.
Hi gents,   Just returned from a trip OS which included a stopover at KL on Saturday. Spent an hour or two at P.Lal. Quite an amazing shop. Bought two pairs, some nice Cheaney monkstraps in chestnut calf and some C&J Connaughts, also in chestnut calf. It's a shame that C&J are no longer supplying P.Lal, but probably just as well for my wallet's sake.   Now, something I learned a little too late on this trip is something called Dynamic Currency Conversion, which...
Gents,   Need a little help.   I have a 24 hour stopover in Kuala Lumpur very soon. I deliberately organised this to go to P. Lal, and get some C&Js. I've since found out that they might not have much available, so my question is,  is there anywhere else in KL that I should check out, specifically for shoes such as C&J, Church's etc.   Thanks in advance,   Eightace
A great deal I stumbled upon - new Allen Edmonds Cambridge in shell size 9.       http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110928064724&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123#ht_859wt_1163