or Connect

Posts by eightace

Right, so on the weekend I went to Melbourne, and while there I followed up the lead I had found (and mentioned a couple of hundred pages ago) regarding a stockist for George Cleverley shoes. The Australian stockist is listed as a shop called Double Monk, at 53 Smith St Collingwood.     Well, I had a wander along Smith St yesterday, and at number 53 there is indeed a shop being fitted out. I couldn't see in exactly, as they had paper screens covering the windows,...
Thanks to all who replied. I think the mystery has been solved.
So here's something interesting.   A couple of months ago, I visited P.Lal and bought a couple of pairs of shoes, being C&J Connaughts and a pair that were on the "Cheaney seconds" shelf. Here's a couple of pics of the latter:             The SA that sold them told me they were "Cheaney samples from about 2008."   Well, the other day I got curious and did a Google search for Cheaney monkstraps. I couldn't find anything that looked similar....
Thanks to those who replied to my Cheaney/EG query. I'll put a post on the forum and see what others have to say and let you know.
So here's something interesting.   A couple of months ago, I visited P.Lal and bought a couple of pairs of shoes, being C&J Connaughts and a pair that were on the "Cheaney seconds" shelf. Here's a couple of pics of the latter:             The SA that sold them told me they were "Cheaney samples from about 2008."   Well, the other day I got curious and did a Google search for Cheaney monkstraps. I couldn't find anything that looked similar....
A bargain for the larger-footed gent - shell wingtips for $150 + postage:   http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221147752414&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123
Just want to add my voice to the chorus of support for Henry Carter.   Ordered a pocket square last Wednesday night around 11pm, it arrived Friday.  An excellent piece, top quality, and very nicely packaged. Can't wait to wear it.   Thanks Jason.
There's this ebay shop. Haven't used it myself but the prices seem OK.
I vaguely remember finding a while ago a MTO website where they send you a........thingy...........and you make a cast of your foot and send it back to them and they make the shoes to fit accordingly. I thought I had bookmarked it, but I can't find it. Maybe someone else knows about it. 
They're not my cup of tea, but I found this pair of Vass on ebay:   http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120996625879?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_518wt_1397   $400 and only worn twice. A pretty good deal, methinks.