or Connect

Posts by eightace

Merry Christmas, one and all!
Try Enrico Santi on Pitt St, just opposite World Square. I reckon I saw some in there today.
    Agreed. Awesome post.  
Right, so on the weekend I went to Melbourne, and while there I followed up the lead I had found (and mentioned a couple of hundred pages ago) regarding a stockist for George Cleverley shoes. The Australian stockist is listed as a shop called Double Monk, at 53 Smith St Collingwood.     Well, I had a wander along Smith St yesterday, and at number 53 there is indeed a shop being fitted out. I couldn't see in exactly, as they had paper screens covering the windows,...
Thanks to all who replied. I think the mystery has been solved.
So here's something interesting.   A couple of months ago, I visited P.Lal and bought a couple of pairs of shoes, being C&J Connaughts and a pair that were on the "Cheaney seconds" shelf. Here's a couple of pics of the latter:             The SA that sold them told me they were "Cheaney samples from about 2008."   Well, the other day I got curious and did a Google search for Cheaney monkstraps. I couldn't find anything that looked similar....
Thanks to those who replied to my Cheaney/EG query. I'll put a post on the forum and see what others have to say and let you know.
So here's something interesting.   A couple of months ago, I visited P.Lal and bought a couple of pairs of shoes, being C&J Connaughts and a pair that were on the "Cheaney seconds" shelf. Here's a couple of pics of the latter:             The SA that sold them told me they were "Cheaney samples from about 2008."   Well, the other day I got curious and did a Google search for Cheaney monkstraps. I couldn't find anything that looked similar....
A bargain for the larger-footed gent - shell wingtips for $150 + postage:   http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221147752414&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123
Just want to add my voice to the chorus of support for Henry Carter.   Ordered a pocket square last Wednesday night around 11pm, it arrived Friday.  An excellent piece, top quality, and very nicely packaged. Can't wait to wear it.   Thanks Jason.