or Connect

Posts by eightace

Definitely endorse BQ Yan. Recently, I took a jacket which was too big in the shoulders to a tailor in Town Hall Square. He had previously done good work for me. This time, he botched the re-attachment of one sleeve, and so I asked him to redo it. Well, he wasn't happy about this, but he begrudgingly agreed to do it. The result was just appalling. Absolutely unwearable. I'll never go back to him.   [[SPOILER]]    Anyway, I took it to BQ Yan, and he fixed it.  TL;DR - Go...
Vass gold museum calf on their first outing. Thanks to @arahat for making them happen. He's an absolute gent.
From Herring Shoes:   Dear Eightace, The 4th of November is not far away now, so it's time to make sure your wardrobe is in fine fettle before race day. To make it easy for you to look stylish at Flemington, we are giving a massive 20% discount on any full price Herring brand shoes bought before the end of October. If you order soon, this should give you enough time to order and make sure they are...
Thread revival and shameless plug.   http://www.styleforum.net/t/421369/drop-calzados-correa-argentina-handmade-brown-oxfords-in-us-8d/0_20   If you're in Buenos Aires, do NOT miss a trip to Calzados Correa. Just make sure they put the foot-beds in when you try on their shoes (sigh).
This might brighten up someone's day - Peal & Co chukkas on sale from Brooks Bros for $US211   http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Chukka-Quorn-Boots/703H,default,pd.html?dwvar_703H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=33&cgid=0494
[[SPOILER]] Thanks so much for your comprehensive advice. Cheers.
I'm pleased to report that he still is. Viz is not as funny as it used to be though.
I was looking at a sportscoat that was a silk-wool blend, roughly 50-50.    Does anyone have any idea how it would wear? Would such a high percentage of silk make it hot? Would it be difficult to clean?   Any comments appreciated.
 What a tiit.
Anyone in Sydney used Queens Alterations in the QVB?   If so, how was your experience?