or Connect

Posts by JLibourel

Good to see you back here, however briefly. I have sometimes wondered what happened to you.
The brown is considerable darker and more conservative. The "Bob's chili" used in the Fifth Avenue has much more of a reddish cast and is somewhat less formal. It is beautiful color, however. I have nine pairs of A-Es in chili and prize them highly, but then I have quite a few in brown as well.
I've seen kangaroos (or maybe they were wallabies) fighting each other in similar fashion at the LA Zoo. I can recall a little boy vainly crying "Stop it!" at them. Of course human vs. kangaroo boxing matches used to be quite common at circuses, county fairs and whatnot. I believe animal rights groups like PETA have tried to suppress the practice.
I see that Discovery Channel on their "Destination America" subdivision (or whatever it may be) is planning to run a show on "Killing Bigfoot." The hunters are a group of rustic looking Southern white males styling themselves the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Association. Their plan is to bag one for science. They say only an adult male BF carcass will prove the existence of the critters. (I don't know why a juvenile female wouldn't establish their existence just as...
Here's a curious matter of guns in a movie that left me wondering why the makers of the movie would deviate from the author's account. The movie and book in question are both entitled Tracks and deal with the adventure of Robyn Davidson, an Australian woman who at the age of 25 led a team of three camels (and a calf) about two thirds of the way across Australia through some of the wildest, most desolate country on earth. She was sponsored by National Geographic and...
Aren't you over-thinking this clothing business way too much? I mean, I'll rock a white OCBD (yes, even with a soft collar) with a pair of British khakis, and I like to fancy I look pretty damn good. (I do usually have a good tan.) Back when I was a young thing, lots of men rocked white shirts, sans jacket, with all manner of trousers and looked pretty good...at least so we thought.
Yesterday I was glancing through Esquire's latest Big Black Book and saw that they were pushing the practice of wearing shirts completely buttoned (including the collar) with no necktie, this with suits and sport coats. The publication was replete with photos of various notables (most of them unknown to me) so attired. I can recall when this practice enjoyed some vogue back in the 1980s or thereabouts. I didn't think much of it then, and I think even less of it now. I am...
I don't understand this. Do you mean aluminum cases...or what? I thought those CCI aluminum cases were non-reloadable. Didn't they use a special Berdan primer? I have never noticed any particular functioning problems with aluminum-cased cartridges. I don't recall whether I shot in any in .380 but think I must have.I have a Manurhin-made PPK/S in .380 that is indeed an excellent little pistol. Earlier I had a Walther PP .22 LR that was sort of a lemon--not particularly...
I think there is much to be said for off-body carry--not so much in "fag bags" but in a dedicated briefcase with an integral holster and a quick-access feature. I know that such products have been offered although I am not hep to current offerings. I think carrying a serious fighting handgun in one of these devices with several extra magazines or speedloaders along with something like a Seecamp in a side-pocket holster would be a very good way to go armed in circumstances...
Actually, MyTailor/Hemrajani Bros. moved from Irvine to Costa Mesa some years ago. They are now in close proximity to South Coast Plaza. This is probably of no great consequence if you are driving from Laguna Hills. I have never used Hemrajani, but I have met Joe Hemrajani several times and he impresses me as a knowledgeable, gentlemanly fellow. Hemrajani seems to have a pretty good track record for customer satisfaction to judge by comments in the fora over the years. I...