or Connect

Posts by RRL CLOTHING

Economy of scale works to a certain degree, at some point it costs more money to produce and carry over huge inventories. Denim cost only makes up a very small percentage of the cost of the jeans actual retail price. You can also argue that the core jeans subsidize the rest of the collection which consists of expensive one-off pieces, shirts and outerwear that frequently goes to 40-70% off. RL wants to protect the brand image. At any rate it is obviously becoming too...
There's a lot more expenses involved in running a billion dollar brand like RL beyond just the cost of materials and labor. It would actually be cheaper for a smaller brand or online brand/crowdsourced no-name brand who make small batches and even smaller profits.   ETA: I'd also like to see what luxury designer or even regular brands offer good quality Japanese selvedge denim for $200 today MIUSA or Japan, not from 3 years ago. Even Jack Spade's Cone jeans are $248 and...
I have received a pair of these as a gift a couple of months ago that use Cone denim, been breaking them in nicely and have been impressed with them so far. I expect the RRL ones made of 16oz to be even better. They also have a slightly lighter shade / greencast look to them in real life vs. the Japanese denim having a very dark almost black redcast to them.   No doubt it is to save a little money for RL, but in their defense, they haven't increased the price of the core...
It will say American woven denim. It was possible to find Japanese late last year, its almost April, its all gone by now. Im seeing more and more seasonal washes use Cone, so its only a matter of time since they axe Japanese denim altogether. Also didnt someone say they fired Golden Win and they were pissed? Wonder who supplies their stock for the expensive LE jeans, maybe Oni or similar.
 He either didn't know himself or doesn't care to mention it. How do they fit you? You might be able to pull them off...You can also tell by the small pocket bags and 4 button fly. They switched to Cone last Spring IIRC, and introduced the Slim Straight at the same time. It took the warehouse a while to get rid of all the Japanese denim and replace with Cone denim, most of the Japanese denim was sent to outlets. The LS on the site still say Imported fabrics (aka Japanese...
That cut didn't exist for Men until a couple of seasons ago, they started offering it using Cone denim only. If you find a Slim Straight in Japanese it's 100% Womens. They made them in size 24-32w so I can see some people trying to pass 28w+ as Mens but the Men's Slim Straight fits nothing like the Womens cut.     Mens cuts : Straight Leg, Low Straight, Slim Fit, Slim Boot (and until recently - Slim Straight) Womens cuts : Slim Straight (discontinued), Slim Fit...
You saw the women's version also named Slim Straight that was Japanese denim, as was everything back then. I still have a couple pairs of those laying around somewhere in size 24 or 26.
Did you say you bought older Slim Straights? Because the "older" Slim Straights are actually a women's cut, that is made from Japanese denim.
Yep. That description is outdated. All the SF Rigids/Rinse/One Washed are now Cone. Everything being offered at the warehouse/website is Cone. All the stores only carry Cone, Unionmade only carries Cone, all the JP resellers brought back Cone from their last hauls. You won't find Japanese anywhere outside of Ebay or used at this point. Never heard of Slim Straight being offered in Japanese denim either. I recall that cut being introduced after they made the switch to Cone.
They're all Cone now. RRL Slim Straight is almost identical to the old Polo 018 Slim Straight. It's a step backwards, really.