or Connect

Posts by tonylamer

A couple of months ago I was able to pick up a bunch of suits that had been custom-ordered from a Toronto menswear store, but had never been picked up. This Zegna Su Misura 2-piece is one of that bunch. Because the suit has been tailored for another person, I'm going to call it "pre-owned". However, it is in excellent condition, and I'm nearly certain that it's not been worn. This is from Zegna's Swiss production, and it's clearly dated to the last quarter of 2014. The...
This custom-made Samuelsohn suit still has its $1,830 price-tag affixed to the sleeve. This suit was made-to-order, but was never picked up by the buyer. It's the 4th and last custom piece that I'll be selling at an outrageous discount. The pants are unhemmed, the jacket pockets are basted shut. The piece is new. The only condition issue is that the loop at the neck and the Harry Rosen tag on the lining have been clipped to prevent return. Also, the person who ordered the...
Custom Samuelsohn DB suit, made in 2014, that was not picked up, and hence remains new and unworn. The flap pockets are basted shut, and the pants are unhemmed. Though buttons have been added to the sleeves, buttonholes have not been added. The suit is a modern DB with side vents, 6 buttons, flat-front pants, and classic lapels. The fabric is a Super 130s Glen Plaid woven by Ariston in darker blues. The suit is of course fully canvassed.   Some notable features: the...
Am I alone in thinking that eBay should create some kind of mechanism that blocks buyers who submit insulting low-ball offers from responding to your counteroffer by shaving dollars off of their bid? For example, the buyer who offers $200 for your $700 item, then counters your offer of $500 by dropping their bid to $150. That buyer is basically an asshole.   I can understand letting buyers submit any offer initially (they might be broke and looking for a deal). Letting...
This is a Samuelsohn 3-piece suit in Loro Piana Super 150s worsted wool. The suit was a custom piece, made in 2014, that was not picked up, and all of the pockets remain basted shut, the pants are unhemmed, and the Order Tag remains affixed to the waist. (I've used Photoshop to black out the name on the order tag and content tag.) The suit is in New condition, with the only issue being that the person for whom the piece was commissioned has had his name stitched into the...
 Brioni in California? What's next, 100 RLPL ties and a lambskin jacket?
Allen Edmonds "Shaker Heights" tweed-and-leather boots. These are new (outsoles and heels and uppers show no wear), but they do have a defect--they're seconds: there's a crack in the leather along the back strap of one of the boots. It's about 0.5"-0.6" long, and I've taken a picture. You might wear the boot with the crack, or have it patched by your cobbler. It's certainly a defect, though, and I figure that's worth $200+ off of the retail price. The boots are a dark...
Harry Rosen slip-lasted brown wingtips. Full-grain leather, welted, combination heels, very limited wear. These are great mid-level shoes for someone looking to build a wardrobe. I'll ship them for free in the States and Canada, and the shoe trees are included. I've just polished them and added new laces, and they're ready to wear out of the box.   They're a light/medium brown.   Tagged a 42.5, and they fit like a standard US 9.5D
Zegna Su Misura patch-pocket sportcoat in Trofeo wool. The pattern is a subtle windowpane. This jacket was made in Switzerland in the fall of 2014. It's a true sportcoat (you can see "Jacket" on the content tag). It comes with the silk thread and buttons which your tailor will use to finish the sleeves.   The base color is gray (darker than medium gray, but lighter than charcoal). I've seen it called Lead or Ash. The windowpane is very subtle, and probably...
This is a new, summer-of-2015, custom-made Samuelsohn suit in Super 150s wool. The suit has the basting thread on the unfinished sleeves, and the pants have not been hemmed. It comes with the buttons and thread for attaching the sleeve-buttons. The fabric's base color is blue, with a subtle burnt sienna (very dark orange) Glen Plaid. The jacket features a two-button closure with side vents, flap pockets, and peak lapels. The pants have a flat front and have been set up...