or Connect

Posts by tonylamer

Cooler recent things: '70s Crombie topcoat:   [[SPOILER]] '60s military tanker-style jacket.   [[SPOILER]] Unworn Whalers Corduroy Hat (Holding off on wearing this to see if it sells) Tundra Cosby vest And non-clothing, but finally a cool place to store my 78s and vinyl. 1950s Tomlinson Sophisticate pecan library cabinet.
Off sick today, so some curated finds of the last month. Most have sold already:   Snow Goose Puffer:  Lambskin Shearling  NOS Dack's  Golden Crown Moto.  Navy G1  NOS 1970s Hartt for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police  New Testoni Black-Label Ostrich  [[SPOILER]]  1959 Bespoke Greatcoat  1950s McHale Contrast-Welt Derbies 
 It's the California thing. This thread has all the patience in the world for guys posting stuff that, while not amazing, might still pay for a new furnace come January. They stay humble, and hope for the day they'll find shell Aldens in their size with 1/2 the heel-life left. But the West Coast "Three-recent-Kiton-true-sportcoats-this-afternoon" tack has never gone down well.
Guy in Ferrari drops off clothes; guy in Ferrari picks up clothes.
This is a true sportcoat, not the jacket from a suit. It has a 3-button closure that could be pressed to a 3-roll-2.5. Right now it's more of a hard-3. It's a lightweight piece with side vents, 4 buttons on the sleeves, a bemberg lining, and softer shoulders (though there is padding). The sportcoat is of course fully canvassed. It is tagged a European 54, and measures like an US 44. Lying flat, it's approximately 22.5" in the chest, 19.5" in the shoulders, 25" from the...
Church's     Dack's     Barker  
A nice and rare pair of Church's Fighting Seal (i.e. sealskin monk-straps) in a medium-brown seal-hide. The shoes are leather-lined and welted and have combination heels. There's minimal wear to the heels and outsoles all the way to the toes: the toe-welting shows wear and you can see the slight seam developing between the insole and outsole, though the sole is NOT loose. The hide is in fine and supple shape. I've conditioned and brushed these, and I've shaped them in shoe...
 There's a worse sub-set of guys who'll offer $25 for something that you've listed for $50 (with free shipping), and then reject your counter-offer of $30. I had a '70s Harley belt that I listed for $25 with free shipping from Canada to the States. A buyer messaged me saying, "I really, really want this. I'm willing to give you ten bucks." I said that I'd come down to $20, but that was basically shipping and what I'd paid for the belt. He rejected the offer, then messaged...
Yes, I'm aware of the issues in terms of selling these. The shoes are, however, 30 years old. And they're too nice and rare to toss.   These sleek-lasted Dack's sealskin tassel loafers show little wear. They're tagged "Factory Rejects", I think, because of the imperfections in the natural grain of the skin. On the left toe you can see a left-right swath in the grain. That's not something done at the factory--it was the seal.   The shoes are tagged 8.5D and measure...
 When I posted that message I was on my laptop at home, and I couldn't see the stain. Now I'm in the office on a different computer, and the stain's clear. I guess the lesson's that you never know which pair of eyes is looking at which kind of screen (and screen settings).