or Connect

Posts by nathanl

1. The sleeves look too short, especially on your left arm. Otherwise fit looks good to me.2. I can't quite tell with the neck, but the 2nd to last picture looks like moth damage to me.  I would expect wear to be more uniform - the patchy look where the inner weave shows through, especially when it looks like little craters in material, is what I have been attributing to moth damage.  It's depressingly common - only a few coats I've looked at don't have any.
J.Crew's product details: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/wool/PRDOVR~87195/87195.jsp   I wore this coat for one Seattle winter but it's just a touch large on me (I should have gotten an XS in retrospect).  It's in excellent condition - the only noticeable wear is some indigo denim transfer on the lower inside tan lining, otherwise it's like-new.  The Thinsulate provides plenty of warmth without the weight.   Measurements: (All with coat buttoned) Chest...
As a point of reference, the vintage WWII one I'm selling has a pit-to-pit of 21.5" - I've been assuming it's a size 40.
 I'm 5' 7" 140#s - 30 in both Walt and Rivet.
A couple of years ago I geeked out on WWII US Navy peacoats.  I wanted one really badly and not just any coat, one as like-new as possible. So after scouring eBay daily for an entire winter, I ended up with a few just-about-perfect coats.  I'm anal "detail-oriented", so for each promising listing I sent a set of detailed questions. I even sent some coats back because the condition didn't match the answers.   However all ended up being a little big for me and they should...
A couple of years ago I geeked out on WWII pea coats.  I wanted one really badly and not just any coat, one as like-new as possible. So after scouring eBay daily for an entire winter, I ended up with a few just-about-perfect coats.  I'm anal "detail-oriented", so for each promising listing I sent a set of detailed questions. I even sent some coats back because the condition didn't match the answers.   All ended up being a little big for me and they should be worn by...
A couple of years ago I geeked out on WWII US Navy peacoats.  I wanted one really badly and not just any coat, one as like-new as possible. So after scouring eBay daily for an entire winter, I ended up with a few just-about-perfect coats.  I'm anal "detail-oriented", so for each promising listing I sent a set of detailed questions. I even sent some coats back because the condition didn't match the answers.   However all ended up being a little big for me and they should...
I was getting ready to list everything on eBay this fall, but I'll throw this out here first:  I'm selling my collection WWII peacoats, including a couple that are in almost perfect shape.  I'd frankly rather sell them to someone who loves vintage peacoats.   I have: - WWII Size 34 (older WWII with cotton lining and slightly slimmer) - fantastic condition with very light wear. Not - WWII Size 34 (satin lining) - purchased in as mint condition that I can dream up (the...
Unfortunately, no.  They have a finished hem instead of a blind one.
  My natural CXL also did the same - went the cement route via my shoe repair place but it didn't hold.  Doesn't seem like laminated leather and lining stays together well without stitching and since the brown CXL belt (which I have too) is a single piece, there's nothing to separate.