or Connect

Posts by nathanl

1. The sleeves look too short, especially on your left arm. Otherwise fit looks good to me.2. I can't quite tell with the neck, but the 2nd to last picture looks like moth damage to me.  I would expect wear to be more uniform - the patchy look where the inner weave shows through, especially when it looks like little craters in material, is what I have been attributing to moth damage.  It's depressingly common - only a few coats I've looked at don't have any.
J.Crew's product details: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/wool/PRDOVR~87195/87195.jsp   I wore this coat for one Seattle winter but it's just a touch large on me (I should have gotten an XS in retrospect).  It's in excellent condition - the only noticeable wear is some indigo denim transfer on the lower inside tan lining, otherwise it's like-new.  The Thinsulate provides plenty of warmth without the weight.   Measurements: (All with coat buttoned) Chest...
 No, there wasn't, even in the email. Though for $98, who can complain!?!  I snagged a charcoal one ASAP and it's fantastic.
As a point of reference, the vintage WWII one I'm selling has a pit-to-pit of 21.5" - I've been assuming it's a size 40.
I don't have a definitive answer, but my experience is that all the shirts share a base pattern and only the details (buttons, pockets, fabrics, etc.) change from shirt to shirt.
 I'm 5' 7" 140#s - 30 in both Walt and Rivet.
A couple of years ago I geeked out on WWII US Navy peacoats.  I wanted one really badly and not just any coat, one as like-new as possible. So after scouring eBay daily for an entire winter, I ended up with a few just-about-perfect coats.  I'm anal "detail-oriented", so for each promising listing I sent a set of detailed questions. I even sent some coats back because the condition didn't match the answers.   However all ended up being a little big for me and they should...
A couple of years ago I geeked out on WWII pea coats.  I wanted one really badly and not just any coat, one as like-new as possible. So after scouring eBay daily for an entire winter, I ended up with a few just-about-perfect coats.  I'm anal "detail-oriented", so for each promising listing I sent a set of detailed questions. I even sent some coats back because the condition didn't match the answers.   All ended up being a little big for me and they should be worn by...
A couple of years ago I geeked out on WWII US Navy peacoats.  I wanted one really badly and not just any coat, one as like-new as possible. So after scouring eBay daily for an entire winter, I ended up with a few just-about-perfect coats.  I'm anal "detail-oriented", so for each promising listing I sent a set of detailed questions. I even sent some coats back because the condition didn't match the answers.   However all ended up being a little big for me and they should...
I was getting ready to list everything on eBay this fall, but I'll throw this out here first:  I'm selling my collection WWII peacoats, including a couple that are in almost perfect shape.  I'd frankly rather sell them to someone who loves vintage peacoats.   I have: - WWII Size 34 (older WWII with cotton lining and slightly slimmer) - fantastic condition with very light wear. Not - WWII Size 34 (satin lining) - purchased in as mint condition that I can dream up (the...