or Connect

Posts by nathanl

+1 for Secret Santa - I really enjoyed that last year!
Good lord guys...
I ordered the Schott fashion peacoat (751) and am not impressed. Wool shell is thin and rough feeling, not particularly soft, and the lining, especially in the pockets, feels really poly/plasticky cheap. The pockets are truly awful and I'd still feel that way if I hadn't ever experienced the wonder of corduroy pockets.
Mike, random question: the most recent Walt's I've gotten all have 6 belt loops instead of 8 - any particular reason for that? It's a little thing, but I kinda liked the more loops...
Oh, definitely. Honestly, neither fit me out of the box and I have to have both tailored, but I think a little more thought went into the basic lines of the Walt fit. IMHO, of course.
I can confirm Hertling - I also believe its a stock Hertling pattern anyone can order from them. Epaulet Walt (proprietary pattern) fit is vastly superior, IMHO.
The pearl are definitely lighter. My understanding is that the pearl are lightweight flannel vs the oxfords, which are medium weight.
Mike, random question: the most recent Walt's I've gotten all have 6 belt loops instead of 8 - any particular reason for that? I rather preferred more loops... 
I'm 5'7" and the 36 is a great length - any longer and I couldn't wear them untucked.
(edited, nevermind, should have just used Google first!)