or Connect

Posts by nathanl

Mike, just to triple-confirm:  the grey (and not the light grey, I saw the answer for that) hopsack trouser MTO is the same color/fabric as the stock grey hopsack Walt/Caine?
 Oh heck yes! Not sure how far into it you are, but a couple of bits of feedback (IMHO, of course):35mm is the perfect width, the perfect balance between dressy and casual.  1.25" is just a little thin and 1.5" is pretty causal, all my 35mm belts are the most versatile. Changeable buckles are fantastic.  Snaps are fine, but Chicago screws are preferable, for what it's worth. 
Mike, I'm a little unclear on how the Japanese garment dyed fabrics are different (other than being lighter)...
Wow, I didn't realize how badly I wanted the no extension top closure.  It's not really something that bothers me, but it looks so much simpler/cleaner!
Oh ye of little faith! :-D
I'm a little unclear - is this a Wilshire shape or a trouser makeup?
  This.  I've had every pair tailored through the leg and it's great - kinda nice to dial in the exact leg that works for you.  Wearing a slimmed Walt chino (khaki regiment twill) today in fact - shape works better on me than the Rivet.
Definitely - both is best!
 I also have both (and like both!) - if I could only pick one, it'd be the birdseye.  The fabric is really nice and super versatile. The chessboard definitely feels more casual/rustic and the contrast makes it feel more "patterned" - there's also a tiny bit of brown in there, so it does go really nice with brown/olive tones up top.
 You can also do a 35 - that's what I did after seeing a 36 was too wide in the shoulders for me.